Kayak and Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
This used to be pretty common back in the day before we all went through hull. Most it was done with pvc piping though.

I think benefits of in-hull in terms of protecting your transducer are just make it crazy to still have it outside the yak.

auphartz said:
does anyone know if anything similar to his dry container just behind the seat is available in oz ?
It's a Vittle's Vault dog good container.

http://www.petco.com/product/9799/Gamma ... ables.aspx

I don't know if they have a stockist in Australia or not. The shipping made them $100+ from the US on ebay last time I looked.

·
Registered
8,610 Posts
auphartz said:
does anyone know if anything similar to his dry container just behind the seat is available in oz ?
I tried to find one for a live bait tank ages ago and gave up, haven't found anything similar in OZ.

·
Registered
8,610 Posts
KizzNewcastle said:
Has anyone tried the DIY one? If there was a small write up would love to try this
I have seen them made out of thin poly pipe but I don't think I have seen a write up on it.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I have previously experimented using this type of installation on my perception swing using pvc tube but found the resistance pretty high when paddling This resulted in the kayak veering to side where the transducer was in the water.

I now use a similar mounting method on my Popes Wahoo but I have used aluminium flat bar with some heat shrink to encase the flat bar and transducer cable.
It tracks pretty well with only marginal tracking to the one side. See pic below.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.