Kayak and Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
7,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its been so long since ive been on here, most of you guys will be saying , who the hell is this bloke , but to all my friends on here i just wanted to say hi. The last year or so have been pretty rough with the cancer and all the treatment , i think the radiotherapy is worse than the disease. I stick my head in from time to time to see what all my old mates are up to and who has caught a fish . Cid , a special thank you for your generosity , it will never be forgotten and Ant and Els for the card and kind thoughts. Just as things were picking up a little , i had to euthanise Jerry The Wonderdog as his back legs just couldnt hack it anymore . He will be my last dog , as i just love them sooooo much

I do hope i can paddle again and shoot some arrows but it is highly doubtful as my right shoulder has been hacked around a lot and has no strength , but that wont stop me from, organising a lunch when Gatesy comes back and have a cleansing ale or 34 . Anyway guys and girls , i just wanted to put this post in main to let you know i am still alive and looking after my Nubiles, although not as often as i used to

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Barry, few here don't know you the great Bazzoo is!

Mate ultimately you were right and I started racing. Enjoying it greatly, but need to find time to fish.

Great to see you back for a bit. Stay in touch.

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
Seeings as you're twice the paddler most of us are I'm sure one good shoulder will be adequate baz!

·
Registered
463 Posts
I suspect this is the thread a lot of people have been waiting for - it's a good sign anyhow.
When I started reading this forum a few years back I used to think "Is this bloke for real?". Now I know you are and it just isn't the same without a post or 2 each week referring to nubiles.

As for the shoulder, I'm not sure how you'll take this but - is it time to be looking at a mirage drive propelled hull?

I hope things keep improving for you Baz.

·
Banned
8,383 Posts
labrat said:
I suspect this is the thread a lot of people have been waiting for - it's a good sign anyhow.
When I started reading this forum a few years back I used to think "Is this bloke for real?". Now I know you are and it just isn't the same without a post or 2 each week referring to nubiles.

As for the shoulder, I'm not sure how you'll take this but - is it time to be looking at a mirage drive propelled hull?

I hope things keep improving for you Baz.
Shame on him Baz (I'm a paddler too - but I do have one of those). Maybe consider it, old salt, if one shoulder is not enough...at least you'd be out on the briny.

Fabulous to hear from you Bazoo!. :)

·
Registered
12,307 Posts
labrat said:
kayakone said:
Maybe consider it, old salt, if one shoulder is not enough...at least you'd be out on the briny
Fellers don't forget the old prick has to load and unload a yak to go pedalling, you can be assured it has been considered during discussions, and I know deep down he would like to have those big Hobie thighs.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
first up I grin to see a message from baz and then I read down to dodge calling him for an old prick and nearly wet myself laughing...

good to see you looking forward

cheers

John

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Good to see you back here Baz, from your old snake in the grass mate Cuda :D
There's a light at the end of the tunnel - hang in there Baz!

·
Registered
12,307 Posts
Occy said:
seeing you in a full lycra body suit.
occy, knowing the man, think he would prefer SPF3O fish net stockings and jock strap for sun protection.

·
Registered
867 Posts
I heard that you are a paddling legend Bazoo. If it is possible for you to get back on the horse, it would be a travesty not to. Hope you can get the shoulder sorted out enough to get out paddling again.

I'd be happy to catch up with Gatesy & to meet you when he gets back. No promises on trying to keep up with you guys on the drinking stakes if you can really put away as much as you say. If you are ordinary mortals though, I might stay for a few. ;-)

·
Registered
867 Posts
I would recommend the snatch and grab!
Unfortunate choice of words Gatesy. Don't let the wife read that! (I've heard she is angry) ;-)

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Good to hear from you Bazz. Sorry it's been a shitty year, but hopefully things are turning around for you.
I'm more than happy to take a couple of nubiles out for a trot if they need to get out the paddock and stretch their legs. Always happy to help.
Looking forward to having a catch up over a Subway when your feeling better.
Best regards as always,
Smeg

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.