Kayak and Fishing Forum banner

Jervis Bay (NSW) - 29/7/06 - 30/7/06

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  vuki 
#1 ·
Got down to Callala bay in Jervis bay on friday night. Had some work around the house and got on the water at about 1:30. The weather was beautiful, and the water was farily warm.
Launched near the boat ramp and paddled about 300 meters, when i came to my spot i anchored and started flicking some plastics, got a few bites on the pearl watermelon, only little, wasnt able to hook em. Trolled a Kokoda sprog in and out of all the boats to no success. Then went for squid just before night and nothing.
I did run into a seal doing flips in the water, Hopefully there were no sharks following him :shock: . The Seal has made my uncles bertram his home now, he sleeps on it all day.

On sunday i launched from the same spot and was trolling and flicking plastic and did not get one bite. Took out a squid jig and only managed to get one. I also ran into the Seal once again sleeping on my uncles boat.

Even though i only managed to get one squid i really loved it out on the kayak. I ran into a few other yakers, one had more luck then me with 3 squid. I've found that there are a few more people fishing off yaks down there. I saw 3 this weekend.

Cant wait for my next trip down to Jervis bay, im really hooked now.

Attachments

See less See more
Discussion starter · #3 ·
Also that blue crate in the back i was using is excellent, much beetter then a milk crate. I had packets and packets of soft plastics, my anchor (2.5kg weight), bottle of water, with alot of room to spare. Its long and using all the space in the back of the espri, and it's not that wide, fits perfectly inside.

Discussion starter · #8 ·
the people on the boat next to me were saying that the seal actually jumped inside the boat when the weather was bad. Might aswell leave a bed on the boat, make it a 5 star seal hotel.

I've found that jervis bay is a bit quiet throughout winter for bream, flathead and snapper. But usually u can catch squid and whiting all year round, just didnt have the right bait for whiting.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.