Kayak and Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
koich's grandpa?

hay paddy, the voting in that 'its on' poll is rigged. you got about 6 socks that you could have used. i'm informing the electoral commission

(by the way) i think its cool young people like koich vote labor. if your under 30 and vote conservative, you havent got a heart. if youre over thirty and vote labor you havent got a brain :D . just kidding, i'm not posting that on the open forum. haters would be hating.

anyway tony stott said disagreeing with me was 'a badge of honour", i'm going to use that one on the missus next time she disagrees with me (not that i tend to notice these things :D :D )

·
Registered
8,610 Posts
patwah said:
an angry dude, anyone know him?

Seems like the last two months he's just been an angry little ant.

May need a hug
He may just have a bad back.
Now f#ck off.

·
Registered
8,050 Posts
Just saw that too. Tony didn't see the funny side.

·
Registered
8,050 Posts
According to the ABC there has been some conflict over the debate tonight.

Kevin wants to talk about economics.
Tony wants to talk about Kevin.

Too funny ... if it wasn't true.

·
Registered
8,050 Posts

·
Registered
8,050 Posts
I just got a PM from him trying to justify his position (in the same way he's tried to justify it ad infinitum in the thread).
If I reply will he think I'm his friend?

·
Registered
8,610 Posts
Ado said:
I just got a PM from him trying to justify his position (in the same way he's tried to justify it ad infinitum in the thread).
If I reply will he think I'm his friend?
You got a pm, you are his friend :D

·
Registered
8,610 Posts

·
Registered
12,307 Posts
Fellers are not the replies also at fault in keeping the thread alive?

Can recall something along the lines "it takes two to tango", and in this case a dozen are dancing with same attempted joke repeated many times.

·
Registered
8,050 Posts
I dids reply to his PM last night. See below.

Hi Tony

This is but one of many very common spelling mistakes that occur all over the forum. If we were to start here then where would we stop? Their, there and they're are equally common. I'm sure I've made the mistake many times myself (on all counts).

The mods are not the keepers of good spelling, grammar or punctuation. Even if we were, it would be a lot of work to correct each error without correcting non-errors. I'm sure I've used peddle in it's correct context. Others may have used it intentionally as a play on words. Even if we (well Red or Scott actually) could be bothered writing and running such a script, we would run the danger of offending more people than we help.

It's a forum. People that aren't that good at English are welcome. Those that are good at English but want the expedience of posting without intensive proof reading are welcome. Those that get annoyed at others spelling mistakes are welcome.

You have raised the profile of the correct use of the word pedal. You've generated nearly 10 pages on it (and a wealth of mirth to go with it). That's what forums are good at, letting people have their say.

Good luck with your mission.

Adrian

·
Registered
8,050 Posts
And Tony's reply:

Thanks for your reply Adrian,
I guess will never know if I have been able to reduce the incidence, but at least I tried.
Tony

·
Registered
8,610 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.