Kayak and Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wife smashed her iphone the other day, still has a year or so to run on contract.

my iphone 4 is out of contract so I was planning on signing up for a new plan, getting a new iphone 5 and giving my iphone 4 to wife.

I'm assuming my new iphone 5 setup will be easy (just plug into my itunes and it should update onto new phone?) but how do we go about transferring all my wifes stuff onto my old phone etc? is it as simple as swapping sims and plugging my old phone into her itunes account?

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Should be able to back up both phones first to your iTunes and then just download them to the appropriate phone again.

Either that or Apple will replace her phone for a fee. Cost me $220 when I drowned mine.

·
Registered
227 Posts
If its the screen or back that is smashed it is easy to replace, you can buy screens on eBay for about $30.
To replace it there are heaps of youtube vids that explain it. I did mine a few months ago, apple wanted $220 to replace it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.