Kayak and Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
8,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
leftieant said:
????? is full of ********, just like Wodonga.
Insert any place in Australia except the occasional square metre.

I reckon this would be the view of the vast majority of Australians. It doesn't even effect them ffs.

Don't post it Paddy. The responses would make my blood boil.

G

·
That's disgusting. How, in today's day and age, can anybody actually think that is ok? The paper should be taken to task for printing such drivel. They are perpetuating the notion that the people on the boats are subhuman by even asking the question. By printing the responses, it just reinforces the backward notion that "everyone else thinks it, so it's ok if I do". Arseholes. Wah if you have to deal with this on a daily basis I feel sorry for you. You are doing something for the greater good. Even if there is a large contingent of small minded jerks in our backward country.

·
Registered
8,610 Posts
Who knows what people really think, the paper can select the comments they want to say what they want. This is really a comment from the paper and as you say the paper should be taken to task on it. Red neck paper.
ps. They all look related.

·
Registered
6,046 Posts
on the flip side, I was talking to some friends recently back from the big sand pit.

Some of the things they saw but were not allowed to do anything about because its the locals custom.

My mates are seriously fucked up from what they saw and see psychs every week trying to deal with it.

Little girl estimated to be of 5-6 yo pissed off a male in the village just being a kid. He cut off her head.

A group of families walk through a check point and my mates searched the males to one side females to other behind screens with females MP's searching them. The male locals thought a male had seen thier wifes during the search. Next day all the woman were found dead.

I'm not sure I have that much sympathy for these people, I sure as hell don't want thier CUSTOMS here in Australia.

Australia may be full of bogans but I rather a bogan any day to the alternative.

·
Registered
5,433 Posts
compassion deficit is often really mindfulness deficit.

when confronted with reality, most of those people would probably be very compassionate. they just havent been mindful of it (the buddha spoke extensively on mindfulness as the key to compassion) hence the rather rediculous practice of brushing aside ants as an exercise in developing compassion for all life (no, it isnt because one might be your mother).

these things swing both ways though patrick.
i had the misfortune to meet and get to like a young dairy farmer who had taken over the family farm. he recently hung himself (hangings always haunt me, drownings may haunt others..again this is personal).

if you go back through the threads , you'll find one where i argued quite firmly that coles and woolies should not be selling milk at $1 a litre as it was killing the dairy industry (literally).
several people (good mates of yours) argued back vehemently that dairy farmers were making a lifestyle choice and it was good for consumers to get milk chaep etc etc.
i had to bite my lip (i promised red) anyway, all people suffer.it is the first noble truth.

again, through naivety and buddhist compassion , i said to some old drovers it was awful how those cattle were slaughtered on 4 corners. (my compassion ).
i was told a story about a farmer in NT who could not sell his herd and was being bankrupted, who shot his entire herd and then shot himself in the field as well (his compassion ).

compassion is everywhere to give and to everyone.....even ********.
cheers, good luck in sri lanka, watch out for those buddhist warriors you have been warned about.

good move not posting it on the forum, everyone comes to their positions with different baggage.

·
Registered
8,610 Posts
God if I could only hang out with people who had the same views as me, I would be the new Robinson Crusoe.

·
Registered
5,433 Posts
brother wah, the arguement was with young josh and he told me in no uncertain terms that dairy farmers have no right to expect the general population to support their lifestyle choices.

i would have agreed prior to my particular experience.i will never by cheap milk again.

again, re assylum seekers, just a massive mess.
do we have compassion, yes. does it piss me off that the entire population of assylum seekers appears to have been dumped in suburbs such as the one where i work, western sydney , suburban melbourne.
that now the feds have pulled the plug on medicare for the ones who have had their applications denied.so we either turn them away or see them unpaid.
that our surgery (a private business) now even has to pay for interpretor services as they are not deemed australian citizens.
that there has been a sudanese on maori murder, a maori on aboriginal murder , an aboriginal on TSI murder within spitting distance of my surgery.

the burden needs to be shared around.
i get very peeved when the people who cannot get services due to population pressures are always the ones who are asked to bear the burden when policy failures occur.
i get doubley peeved when , they are then labelled racists and red necks.

just re compassion.

sure billdad and trevor are putting forward views on religion say, which are easy to redicule.
hay, old guys, alone,trev particularly gets a lot of his self esteem from kayak fishing, dont attack the poor old bloke. massive suicide risk.(seriously)
lets show them some compassion.

i dont like to see anyone suffer patrick. why create bad karma for oneself (patwah, none of this is directed at you btw).
its simply not worth it.

byw, ive had plenty members contact me with mental health issues. some quite serious.
no need for anyone to get up anyone.

this is where i disagree on say the adam goodes thread (which i avoided)
i looked at that and saw a 13 yo kid with no life skills who will have a big target on her back and is a definite risk of 'a bad outcome"
now i admire adam but , i believe adam has plenty of self esteem. brownlows, premierships in fact, i will bet he runs for parliament (seriously and so he should, he is exactly what is needed) but i couldnt put that on the open forum without again, being labeled racist etc.

be nice, forgive, read your bible (oops :D )

·
Registered
8,610 Posts
patwah said:
keza said:
God if I could only hang out with people who had the same views as me, I would be the new Robinson Crusoe.
I like your views, especially your bathroom and bedroom,. I spend most of my time there
You had me at hello.

·
Registered
5,433 Posts
patrick (the starfish) :D :D :D

good responses. i can see your points well and well made.
we all see things through different coloured glasses. this is my point.

i see bogans and ******** (who have become like family to me ) being mistreated in various ways and i defend them.
you probably see hard working public servants being mistreated and you defend them. this is the natural order of things.

just re religion. yes, it is a fairy tale in the main and yes it is a crutch.
but a lot of people (maybe 3 billion worldwide) need that crutch.
now, should we kick that crutch out from them and tell them to stop all this silliness.
this is a very difficult question. to my mind, i say no.
if someone gets genuine relief from going to a graveside and talking to a dead relative (you'd be surprised how common this is ) should we just call this "non scientific claptrap" doubtful at best..

i have gone off topic again as is my want.
regards to you patrick, thanks for driving all the snakes out of ireland. :D
back to work,

·
Registered
8,610 Posts
I have no problem with religion in general, it helps a lot of people and that is a good thing until they put their crutch on my foot.
It seems to me that religious people in no way threaten my beliefs but it doesn't work the other way. They should be happy with 'this is what I believe' rather than 'this is what actually happened'.
I don't think that thread has has attacked anyone so far. I do find it frustrating that every time I think of a question I am genuinely interested in, it gets ignored.
I had a robot like that once.

·
Registered
5,433 Posts
keza, good point,
yes they cant answer the questions, this is true. its why i never ask :) :)

paddy (i shall resume calling you that as the peter comment really made me feel creepy).

true story, my daughter was very close to her grandpa . at his funeral she chose this song she wanted played . we were driving past the cemetary. a year or so later. and she said could we drop in . the moment we turned into the cemetary the song came on the radio (freaked me out).
then she says she wants to go see a psychic (this had me concerned) the psychic start making these spinning motions with her hands ( the old boy was a mad keen fisho and the motions certainly looked like someone reeling in a fish.
daughter goes to england, feeling a bit curious , does to a psychic to try to contact her grandpa, psychic makes the same hand gesture ( spinning hands like reeling in a fish) freaks daughter out . she rings me and i'm out on the boat and the other daughter is reeling in a fish at the time :)

its a weird world. i'm not a believer in anything except trying to be open minded. cheers big fella,

·
Registered
4,711 Posts
I buy A2 milk. Costs a bomb, tastes better. I don't think they pay the cows any more though.

I'm amazed I haven't run into you outside Keza's bathroom window Paddy, gets pretty crowded there sometimes.

I was also amazed at the tolerance (dare I say compassion) that was shown in the fundamentalist thread, I typed three replies but binned them all as all my views sounded narky - I think I'm growing up. Faith is an extraordinary phenomenon, it must be comforting to not take all the evidence in the world at face value. That Adventist wanker with the shite videos is an evil tnuc though.

The women at the start this thread should have a turn in JCs sandpit.

Hmm, JC... Didn't some other bloke have those initials? I'm thinking sandals, loaves & fishes and stuff.

·
Registered
8,610 Posts
patwah said:
sbd said:
I'm amazed I haven't run into you outside Keza's bathroom window Paddy, gets pretty crowded there sometimes.

Kind of makes sense now, I had a hot dog in one hand, and a beer in the other, and i was still getting a wristy :shock:

Confused me for ages......
That was my beer and let's not talk about the hotdog but I really need to fix those outside lights.

·
Registered
8,610 Posts
patwah said:
keza said:
patwah said:
Kind of makes sense now, I had a hot dog in one hand, and a beer in the other, and i was still getting a wristy :shock:

Confused me for ages......
That was my beer and let's not talk about the hotdog but I really need to fix those outside lights.
Do you alway shake your beer so hard?

My physio was amazed
Some people like their beer with head and others don't.
Did you demonstrate it to your physio ?

·
Registered
8,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
He did. But I don't know who the bloke is.

·
Registered
8,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
patwah said:
leftieant said:
Is that a puppet, masturbating, while discussing asylum seeker policy?

Have we just reached the end of the Internet?
You dont get to the end until you understand this

WHAT IS THAT!!!

I don't know whether to laugh or be traumatised for life.
How do you go about searching for that stuff?

·
Registered
8,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Full Metal Wackjob

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.