Kayak and Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got AKFF. It seems that the off topic side of AKFF has more posts than the kayaking side at the moment. It's very interesting reading/watching stuff that I wouldn't normally.

Some people don't like it I'm sure, but I don't mind it actually.

·
Registered
9,364 Posts
Yes, it has been a bit like that lately, and just as much a culprit as anyone else, must be lack of fishing...lack of something anyway!

·
Registered
8,610 Posts
Bretto said:
Squidley said:
I don't think I've seen a thread so let me be the first to tell you William and Kate have had twin girls
Who's William and Kate?
A couple of Southern Right Whales from Valle Beach.

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
WayneD said:
I've got AKFF. It seems that the off topic side of AKFF has more posts than the kayaking side at the moment. It's very interesting reading/watching stuff that I wouldn't normally.

It's the nature of long term forums. Established groups that have been doing something for years get bored of talking about said thing and tend to more enjoy talking to like minded individuals about other stuff.

If offtopic was dropped with this current group here then the forum would be very quiet.

We still get a steady stream of new people through who want to talk kayak fishing and keep the rest of the forum on topic.

·
Registered
5,433 Posts
hay wayne,

i like the off topic too, the core of people who write on off topic on here are very very different to the circles i usually mix in.
this is good.
one should expose oneself to as many different 'social groups' as possible or one will end up lost in the vortex of an echo chamber.

again, a couple of months on a beach in goa can be life changing, as can a couple of months in a relationship with a coke addict.
all these things just add to the rich tapestry of life.

when one has completed the "growth" that is possible in any new life experience , it is time to move onto the next summit to be climbed.

kayak fishing is still a relaxation, but it is no longer such a challenge and only by constantly challenging oneself can one grow.

i came to comfort the afflicted and afflict the comforted.

personally i have acquired a brumby filly , totally wild, and have set myself the challenge to tame and ride her and breed her.
certainly keeps me dreaming. i took a photo of the missus on another crazy one ive been able to settle the other day and told her that this picture reflected my true love.
god i love that horse :D :D

Attachments

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
I'm going to give a little lee way. It is Winter over there --Don't tell carnster.

Outdoor forums go a bit stir-crazy here in the Winter.

BTW, what has happened physically to the forum? It's all jacked up and w/o graphics.

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
Took a little bit to filter down, but it's back to normal.

·
Registered
12,307 Posts
grinner said:
personally i have acquired a brumby filly , totally wild, and have set myself the challenge to tame and ride her and breed her.
certainly keeps me dreaming. i took a photo of the missus on another crazy one ive been able to settle the other day and told her that this picture reflected my true love.
Pete I think there will be others on the forum who like yourself enjoy a good mount.

·
Registered
10,044 Posts
Dodge said:
grinner said:
Pete I think there will be others on the forum who like yourself enjoy a good mount.
giddy up

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for making me chuckle on a crap day at work Richo.

·
Banned
8,383 Posts
koich said:
WayneD said:

It's the nature of long term forums. Established groups that have been doing something for years get bored of talking about said thing and tend to more enjoy talking to like minded individuals about other stuff.

If offtopic was dropped with this current group here then the forum would be very quiet.

We still get a steady stream of new people through who want to talk kayak fishing and keep the rest of the forum on topic.
Yep. Off topic is a minefield. Every time I start a thread it gets deleted or locked! :shock: :shock: (only kidding)

Might stick to fishing for a while. :lol: :lol:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.