Kayak and Fishing Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Things got a bit hairy on this surf launch in Cairns.....

The force of the waves smashing into my ankles was nothing short of ferocious!
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,035 Posts
You forgot to put up a danger sign in 3 languages:

"Warning! Do not attempt this dangerous stunt!"
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry, your right mate!

I think everyone here can see that this kind of launch should not be attempted by people new to the sport. 8)

It takes years of training before your body and mind are conditioned to the point where one is able to attempt something like this......... :wink:

I think my extreme level of fitness and mental preparation is the main reason I am still here on this earth and able to tell the tale :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
284 Posts
Gosh!
Those waves are almost as dangerous as the ones experienced in my bath!!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,035 Posts
Dallas said:
Sorry, your right mate!

I think everyone here can see that this kind of launch should not be attempted by people new to the sport. 8)

It takes years of training before your body and mind are conditioned to the point where one is able to attempt something like this......... :wink:

I think my extreme level of fitness and mental preparation is the main reason I am still here on this earth and able to tell the tale :p
baahahhahah :lol:
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The conditions are in fact so rough that even the Surfers did not dare take on mother natures fury on this day! :wink:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,345 Posts
Impressive. My own dreams of becoming an elite athlete died some years ago and so I can only watch in awe. Some are truly gifted. Your obligation is to ensure that you share that gift with others who may benefit. I note from the photo that you even took that wave fully loaded with rods etc. Ballsy stuff!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,035 Posts
knot-too-fast said:
Gosh!
Those waves are almost as dangerous as the ones experienced in my bath!!!!!
I can only suggest you put up warning signs around your bath. Man, I wouldn't want to paddle there! :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
284 Posts
troppo said:
knot-too-fast said:
Gosh!
Those waves are almost as dangerous as the ones experienced in my bath!!!!!
I can only suggest you put up warning signs around your bath. Man, I wouldn't want to paddle there! :D
Yes indeed Troppo it,s like Bass Strait blowing in a 60 knot south wester some days. Need to replace the bathroom once a year! :lol:

Now I,m being a little tooooooooooooo silly now..............
I need to go yak fishing real quick or take another tablet. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,035 Posts
knot-too-fast said:
Need to replace the bathroom once a year! :lol:
I am sure your missus (if ya got one) would agree to that! 8)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,198 Posts
Dont be fooled by the photo as he is paddling out between sets. Is that greyer area near the horizon a big set approaching. :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,035 Posts
Breambo said:
Dont be fooled by the photo as he is paddling out between sets. Is that greyer area near the horizon a big set approaching. :lol:
:shock: :shock: :shock: That photographer better not hang around so close to the beach with that coming. :shock:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,600 Posts
Arghh flashback!
reminds me of the time the King George whiting took my leg off near Aldinga beach.....but it grew back......yep training and endurance is the key. The weather was just like that terror photo! :oops: :oops:

Cheers all Andybear :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,307 Posts
Dallas

You have showed your mastery of the surf; but did you find wearing pantihose to stop the stingers and box jellyfish a good thing in those tropical waters :shock:
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top