Kayak and Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you guys owning Hobies go for spare parts?

The reason I ask is that we recently purchased two PAs (a 12 for my wife and a 14 for me) along with a LOT of Hobie gear.

It's obviously different in each state as far as authorised Retail outlets go, in WA Getaway Outdoors stores have the retail rights.

The guys I dealt with at Getaway Outdoors Mandurah were fantastic and they really went out of their way to fulfill my order - with only a few things they couldn't source. They "scrounged" around all the other GAO stores, really putting in an effort. 8)

On speaking with a number of GAO folk, it seems that the stores over here can wait ages for their orders to be addressed by Hobie and even then, they don't get everything they ask for.

I'm not wishing to sound like I'm bagging Hobie, let me make it clear, I think their Yaks (and particularly the PA) are fantastic! Bit it's such a shame that such a great product (at least in WA) is let down by parts availability.

Case in point, I ordered two Hobie Mirage Drive bags and amongst all the GAO stores in WA they could only source one and, at the time we picked up the two PAs I was informed it was a 2 month waiting list. I actually ordered it from a SA outlet yesterday.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Tonystott said:
I reckon the problem is your local Hobie dealer. My dealer has never had any delays getting stuff from Hobied Australasia HQ
That of course was my initial thought, but the guys explained to me that they do their darnedest to source parts and they don't get their full orders and it takes ages, it would appear this issue is across all the retail outlets in WA, maybe it has do do with distance, I'd certainly like to get to the actual route cause - I'll be emailed Hobie Australia and see what they say. Cheers for the input. 8)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Update on this, discussions are taking place to address this in WA - a great response from both Hobie and GAO - thank you very much - VERY much appreciated. 8)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.