Kayak and Fishing Forum banner

Hobie PA rudder issues

4K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Cresta57 
fishnfreak said:
Hi guys and gals, been a long time since I last posted much but I need some help.

My PA has steering issues, which cause me to lose left steer. I have done the rudder lines up real tight and this may be the issue. I tied it up before heading out and soon it becomes hard to turn left and I seem to go around in circles.

It happens every time I use it and is pretty much the reason I don't yak fish as much as I used to :(
Old thread but after searching them all this is the closest to the problem I'm having:
My 2009 Outback developed steering problems today. I thought,at first, it was a simple case of the large number of jellyfish bumping the rudder up . Further investigation disproved that. I simply lose steerage & the yak spins to the left. I tried using the cleat to force the rudder down but it still spins to the left. Nipped up the bank & took a quick look & it appears there is about 50mm of slack control line on both the up & down lines so not overly tight as in the above issue. Any ideas on a simple fix?
Not having nimble fingers I'm reluctant to strip it down totally as my passion fingers will probably cause more damage.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.