Kayak and Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12,307 Posts
Had heard there was now a boom across the upper reaches of the western arm on Hinze Dam so decided to go up and check it out.

Waz [Seadog] went up earlier and took his rods whereas I only went up to get some happy snaps about mid morning and just paddled up without any tackle, then sailed back under brolly on the return.

For those who know the western arm, the boom is located on the reach immediately after rounding the first grassy point when leaving the old gravel ramp travelling north, would guess it to be about 1km from the old ramp.

Have seen green algae up there in the past and perhaps the boom is to catch that after long rain period, and has been in place a while looking at the growth on the boom, and each end extends well up the shoreline.
IMG_1004.JPG
IMG_1005.JPG
IMG_1008.JPG

Attachments

·
Registered
12,307 Posts
P1010477.JPG

Attachments

·
Registered
12,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
mingle said:
Psst!... Left shoe goes on left foot, right shoe goes on right foot...
Wazza sometimes walks like like he is pissed and says he has a crook back, but maybe its only his crocs on back to front.

Beekeeper said:
You could possibly use them to keep rain off as well... (I'm pretty smart about inventions like these).
Jimbo with those sort of smarts imagine you were a Wing Commander or better when you retired mate.

And reckon with a brolly up you would get the Arcadia up on the plane in a good blow on the Bay.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Nativeman said:
Geez Dodge,,, I thought you meant Hinze has a Surface bite on the go...
It has!! Just don't get caught up there at that time of night :D

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Dodge said:
And reckon with a brolly up you would get the Arcadia up on the plane in a good blow on the Bay.
That speed could get me in amongst toona and stuff, eh Richo? :D but on second thoughts, maybe without a rudder could be a tad risky? do you think? :?

Also it could create a bit of angst in amongst those who use the AI's... wouldn't want to have a barney out on the bay... guess I'll just have to paddle my 10knots as usual. 8) :lol:

Jimbo

·
Registered
92 Posts
Hey there Dodgeroo. How's it going brother, mate the last time they closed off a section of the Dam it had something to do with you and Wazza having a smoko break. You didn't did you? Not in the water :shock:

·
Registered
12,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Beekeeper said:
maybe without a rudder could be a tad risky? do you think? :?
Jim, Wazza has no rudder and steers by dragging a cupped hand on one side like a mini sea anchor to angle the course which works well, we often troll with the brolly up mate.

Frocklizard said:
You didn't did you? Not in the water :shock:
At my age it happened a couple of times John, you will be probably be drinking it in a couple of years and will taste as good as mother's milk.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.