Kayak and Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is it any good?....or made in china 1c including delivery better.....or fins.....etc etc.....wanna spend $30 roughly...spinning reels....20lb to 4lb range..experimenting....

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
300yds of Tuf Line XP delivered to your door for under $30 Johnny off eBay. Power Pro prob around the same price. Various line strengths. Think I used the seller Shimreels last time from memory.
Tuf Line is decent braid for the $$$.

Marty

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
http://www.paulusjustfishing.com/4Tasline.htm

Don't get anything less than 6 strands, 8 strands is beautiful and smooth. Haven't tried the 12 strand yet. I've tested it myself using hand scales against sunline, powerpro and daiwa jigging braid of equivalent PE and its amazing. Use gloves when tightening knots or it'll cut you. Bimini twist to duck nose knot braid to fluorocarbon connection very strong and casts beautifully and breaks come only at the terminal eg jighead even with double strength leader.

G

·
Wrassemagnet said:
http://www.paulusjustfishing.com/4Tasline.htm

Don't get anything less than 6 strands, 8 strands is beautiful and smooth. Haven't tried the 12 strand yet. I've tested it myself using hand scales against sunline, powerpro and daiwa jigging braid of equivalent PE and its amazing. Use gloves when tightening knots or it'll cut you. Bimini twist to duck nose knot braid to fluorocarbon connection very strong and casts beautifully and breaks come only at the terminal eg jighead even with double strength leader.
Yes. If you want smooth and supple, Tasline (or S.A.S. Braid) is the way to go. Tasline is great for long casts. Even when a wind knot passed through the guides when pushing for maximum distance off the beach, the sound barely registered. In contrast, there is no missing a wind knot with Fireline (10 lb Fireline/ 15lb Tasline). The wind knot was my fault for testing it despite the line not laying smooth on the reel. Despite that issue, it beached some very respectable Aussie Salmon. My overall impression was
Thin
Smooth
Strong
Visible (taking into account thinness)

I used a Slim Beauty to join it to leader

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.