Kayak and Fishing Forum banner

Hello

2K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  Russ 
#1 ·
G'day all. Just wanted to say hi and thanks for all the enjoyable content and especially the friendly tone of this forum. Decided to stop lurking and join up despite being on the "other" side of the Tasman. I have been throwing bait off a scupper pro for the last eight years or so. Have recently bought a secondhand Cobra Expedition which I have converted to some sort of fishing platform and am now sadly in love with this lump of blue plastic. Will post some pics in the rigged kayak section if I am allowed to upload graphics as a newbie. Thanks again

Glenn

#2 ·
Welcome aboard deaddrift. Feel free to throw off as often as you like. A bit of dodgy banter on this forum is considered good manners. Looking forward to seeing piccies of your steed, and some big fish :lol:

Cheers Andybear :lol:

#4 ·
Welcome Glenn, with eight years fishing from the yak you have more experience than many of us mate.
No restrictions on using the site by being a newbie, so put up the pics.

#5 ·
Thanks RICHO

Unfortunately longevity ina sport and competence aren't always correlated - although my yak-fishing is slightly better than my guitar playing and I have been doing that for 30 years. Lucky for me I live in Auckland and a few hours straylining on spot X usually gets me a feed of snapper without needing to get too technical. Most of what I have learnt has been from sites like this, so I will be keen to add my five cents worth from time to time as payback!

#6 ·
Unfortunately, due to the change in ownership of this web site and the lack of response by the owners to my requests to remove my email address from all administrative-level notifications and functionality, I have decided to remove my posts on AKFF. Thank you for the great times, the fantastic learning experiences and the many many fish. If you are desperate for the old content of this particular post, it is available below base64 encoded and bzip2 compressed.

Red.

----

QlpoOTFBWSZTWYJai3AAABBXgAASQIcggRCQP+feICAAcGMABMAATCKn6ZNTZKPU9TzVMjTYoIAaEGrEJvA8vyeLjx6j8zsUqUqEBcehx5Lb7hAnUd8VUVbbn9NM08BY17dPAShvqFuIorCLzheRllNAnujsTKyqE2I4lojA1jJkv/F3JFOFCQglqLcA

#13 ·
Deaddrift said:
Thanks RICHO

Unfortunately longevity ina sport and competence aren't always correlated - although my yak-fishing is slightly better than my guitar playing and I have been doing that for 30 years. Lucky for me I live in Auckland and a few hours straylining on spot X usually gets me a feed of snapper without needing to get too technical. Most of what I have learnt has been from sites like this, so I will be keen to add my five cents worth from time to time as payback!
No sweat Glenn

Occy puts his 5cents worth in and he even gets some change back :lol: :p

Sorry Oc cant resist it mate :twisted:

:D fishing Russ

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.