Kayak and Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
I'll be heading towards Cardwell this saturday, stopping quite a few times along the way, first stop is Hervey bay for lunch with an old friend of mine, then probably going to camp the night in woodgate, then venture on to agnes waters/1770 the next day. Not really planning things too tight as we have a week to get to cardwell and we want to see as many places and people along the way as we can. To those between here and there, I'd love to meet a few of you if we get time, so please PM me your mobile number so that I can contact you when we are getting close. It's gonna be AWESOME. :D
Cheers,
Karl.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
PM sent, YakAtak. Though I heard a rumour that you knew I was in Rocky so after Agnes Waters/1770 you were going inland to Ayes Rock then back to the coast at Mackay so bypassing my area. Crikey, don't know why. Just 'cause I'm dangus whereever lures with trebles are involved in no reason to miss this bootiful part of Australia. :D

Hope to see ya when ya in the area! 8)

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hehe, I have another mate in Rocky, and a few people to visit in Happy Knackers too. (gladstone) So, this will be a very slow leg of the tour de force that will be our holiday. I'll have a 'few' rods with me (it's gonna be hard to chose :( ) so that I can look for a few jacks and such along the way, but no yak I'm afraid. :(

·
Registered
12,307 Posts
troppo said:
Hope to see ya when ya in the area! 8)
troppo

Have ear plugs ready mate, he's caught a total of 87 cms of bass, and may want to tell you about it :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Just north of Gladstone on the main highway is the Calliope River and that can have good fish. I can't remember exactly where it is from Gladstone as I get to it driving down from Rocky :oops: .

You will cross a high level bridge and coming from south, look down to your left and you will see a low level bridge and rest area. A bit further on is an old heritage village thing and you turn to the left here and drive back down the bitumen road to the low bridge/causeway. Depending on the tide, you can catch good fish there, bream etc.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts