Kayak and Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
You don't know how much my heart just sunk.

Maybe I should go get myself cryo frozen so I can again catch some good sized bream. I have fished this area and if they have done this, and no doubt continue to do this I wouldn't be surprised if this is a barren wasteland in no time.

Why these systems were ever allowed to be subjected to this (of note both have sanctuary zones, lot of use they are) I don't know.

Sorry Eagle but I DO blame the commercial fishos directly as well. They have a bloody choice of what they do for a living, where they go to fish and how many fish they take. They are arguably as aware or even more aware than the average rec fisho what pressure is on these species, how long they take to grow and what they are doing to a population with actions such as this. They are greedy environmental rapists and nothing more. I would not be surprised if many of them monitor online fishing reports /quiz local fishos about where good catches are covertly then come rolling on in.

But yes, I do agree the absolute responsibility does rest with the idiots who have failed to shut off these areas to commercial fishing as they are the ones that can put the laws in place to forbid it. I will be writing to the local member/council letting them no I will take my monthly tourist dollars elsewhere. Give commercial fisherman and inch and they'll take the whole damn ruler.

·
Registered
5,464 Posts
eagle4031 said:
That is deplorable
Don't blame netters - trace it back to who allowed it back- what did they get out of it
Did a political party receive a donation etc etc
Apparently the netters responsible aren't local. They travel the state exploiting these loopholes. I DO blame them. Contrary to BBs post, these netters are the cockroaches of the system and should be stomped on ASAP

·
Registered
867 Posts
Don't blame netters - trace it back to who allowed it back- what did they get out of it
Both the netters & those who allowed it should be blamed. Even if you were a commercial fisherman, wouldn't you be pissed off at some other netter wiping out a system?

Just doesn't make sense on any level.

·
Registered
330 Posts
What screams sheer bloody madness is that the Coila Creek area is off limits to all as a sanctuary zone, yet the rest of the Coila lake area is open to commerical fishing!!!! WTF!! Why even bother putting a no take zone right next to a commercial zone????? The Greens and Labour have alot to answer for in the next election!!!!!!!

·
Registered
190 Posts
its been going on for years in pittwater and your not allowed to approach them within 100 mtrs or you as a reco fisho will cop a fine how stupid is that . there raking all the yellow fin bream out of our water ways .

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
anselmo said:
eagle4031 said:
That is deplorable
Apparently the netters responsible aren't local. They travel the state exploiting these loopholes. I DO blame them. Contrary to BBs post, these netters are the cockroaches of the system and should be stomped on ASAP
I agree
But who is NOT stomping on them when they should be - what are they gaining by allowing it.
Those responsible for the decisions must be investigated

·
Registered
330 Posts
I spoke to one of my customers in the shop today, who is a local pro down here, funnily enuff he says the amounts taken have been grossly exagerated (each story has 2 sides i guess). It would appear that the locals or 1 particular local in the Coila area have taken things a step too far and have slashed pros tyres while they are out!!!
My customer, a really nice guy and a responsible "LOCAL" pro was on the end of one of these attacks!!
This is going to get ugly if the two parties ever meet!!!

·
Registered
197 Posts
Piss weak response really, treating Starlo like an idiot basically. Interesting approach...

I'll be watching this keenly, rec fishos definitely need to get involved. There is just too much idiocy going on. The recent 'ministers' huge error pandering towards the commercial side is an extreme worry, keep on eye on this as it unfolds I say..

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.