Kayak and Fishing Forum banner

HAT TRICK! The jackall strikes again! 06/09/06

2K views 10 replies 3 participants last post by  YakAtak 
#1 ·
Well things were slow again today, so off I went to the dam. This time no strikes close by so headed over to the pumping station, paddled under the tower and kept going, then zzzzzzzzzzzzzz the rod with the Jackall, a nice YELLA came up still very feisty. Only other hit was a big fat forky which had me twisted up and smashed me into an old fence post, took a few chunks out of the yak, not very happy. That was enough for me, packed up and went home. On the water for just under 2 hours, here's a few pics. 8)

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Karl good to see each visit to the new spot is giving a result.

The tower from launch site is no great distance, so no stress there getting to the catch ground.

How long does it take to get to the launch ramp from home with this new spot.

Fishings great, but the quiet time is putting the scupper pro back a little I imagine so hope things pickup; except when I come west again of course :lol:

#3 ·
Looking for a ... oh you know, the 3 lettered 'j' word that occy is always complaining about. :roll: It's a bit depressing to tell the truth, but dammit, I want my scupper! I am hoping for a part time 'insert word starting with J' that will just make enough to keep me afloat till the business takes off, but j.. those things aren't too easy to come by in these parts. :(
Drive is about 15mins from Esk, and a bit rough at the end as you go cross country to the launch site, no problem to take most vehicles in there for the most part, but a bit of a gully near the end, not sure how a car with a long front end would go. If we decide to do a trip out there, we can always take my trailer and leave your vehicle within the locked gate of the camp area. Got my club literature this morning, guests are welcome, so long as they are recorded in the visitors book, but still not sure about camping.

#4 ·
Any pics of ya yella Karl? I was also wondering if ya was in a glass yak instead of rugged plastico how ya would have fared with the old fence post in your opinion...which would you prefer to punch from? :D

G
#8 ·
YakAtak said:
Cheers Dallas, it seems the males are long and slender, as the ones I've got this week were both similar to the one you got down in Logan Inlet, were there eggs in yours?
You might be onto something there mate.

Mine was long and skinny, and had no eggs.

Being male also explains why he was caught so easily after only being on the troll for 1 minute, he saw the Sexy Fuego swish by and just couldnt wait to go for a ride on her :wink: seeing as its spawning time :)

G
#10 ·
Karl

Can anyone join that club you'ré in now or do you have to be a local?

If so I would like to join up.

It certainly produces that spot and would be getting more like the river of old with the water levels dropping.

I have had a few weeks off after spraining my ankle, I need to get back into the groove and try and catch my first fish.

I did not sell my kayak, so I will just have to try and get the best out of the Tempo. Upgrade in the new year.

I'm going to Cressbrook Thursday to have a fish from my stinkboat, apparently its an edge bite up there at the moment using suspending lures.

Let me know about the fishing club?

Cheers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.