Kayak and Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had a Lowrance Elite 4x DSI since I bought my PA last July. It has performed really well and have had no issues whatsoever heading out 2 - 3 times a month, predominately in salt. Haven't treated her too nicely, has had a couple of dunks. A rinse of in fresh and good to go! The only concern I had was with an additional input port not being used that I didn't want salt in so covered it up with a big lump of plasticine. No issue!

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
GlenelgKiller said:
I have had a Lowrance Elite 4x DSI since I bought my PA last July. It has performed really well and have had no issues whatsoever heading out 2 - 3 times a month, predominately in salt. Haven't treated her too nicely, has had a couple of dunks. A rinse of in fresh and good to go! The only concern I had was with an additional input port not being used that I didn't want salt in so covered it up with a big lump of plasticine. No issue!
Just got a Mark 4 and was a bit miffed there wasn't a cap for the NMEA port; at least it wasn't just me missing a part. I hope marine goop isn't too hard to scrape out of a socket if I ever need to.

Digger, there's a neat feature on the Lowrance chart plotter combo models that you might be interested in; if you see a piece of structure or anything else you're interested in on the sounder but don't notice it til you've passed it, you can move the cursor on the screen back and extract the GPS coordinates from when you were over that point.

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
I have the elite 5x dsi on the stinkboat. I find it excellent, and the ability to display structure is astonishing at times. Never had condensation problems over the year and a half I've had it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.