Kayak and Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All - From Mount Barker, WESTERN Australia (not to be confused with the larger SOUTH Australian version :D )

My wife and I have just purchased two Hobie Professional Anglers (PAs) and absolutely love them - an olive PA 14 for me and a yellow PA 12 for my wife.

We also have a (stink) boat, a Carribean Adventurer, which we are in the process of selling.

But we find we already have SO much more fun (and much more useable) in the Yaks as we fish down around Albany where seas and weather can be so unpredictable.

I've been busy purchasing a new box trailer (we didn't have one) and adapting a rack to hold the PA's, along with pimping out my PA with a lot of Hobie gear, a Yakattack Blackbox which I've added, insulated front hatch to and a Humminbird 798 CI HD SI combo with home made starboard "under the mounting board gear track" transducer bar, oh and a large storage box to hold most of the gear.

Will post a thread on that soon 8)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
RekFix said:
Welcome Colin,

I just read said post on your set up.. Nice work.

"Pimpin" the yak, as it's called, can be highly addictive.... and expensive!
Thanks for the welcome RekFix! 8) - Yes, you are NOT wrong - spent a small fortune so far - any more pimping and I'll get arrested by the vice squad :roll: :lol:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Dave,

Hoping you'd respond - hopefully we can hook up (if you'll pardon the pun :lol: ) and you can show me some Yak spots 8)

No, rest assured that I'll be going after ocean fish also :mrgreen:

To be honest, I'mm not a great lover of snook taste wise and squid is definitely something I should target!

Thank you for the greeting :D

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Good to see another WA member! I like hearing from the west coast. Snook are a bit soft but work really really well in a hot smoker after a soak in a sweet garlic brine.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Squidley said:
Good to see another WA member! I like hearing from the west coast. Snook are a bit soft but work really really well in a hot smoker after a soak in a sweet garlic brine.
Cheers Squidley 8) - I hope I'll have some decent reports, especially when we get out into the big blue over here, and as it turns out we have a smoker, so if we do catch any Snook, I'll certainly give your suggestion a go. :D

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
Welcome Colin - nice part of the world you have there. Hope you enjoy the forum. I love catching big snook - the 80cm plus models are great fun and a challenge to get to the boat. A bit slimy to handle but good tucker. My Dad loves them fresh and they do smoke really well.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
solatree said:
Welcome Colin - nice part of the world you have there. Hope you enjoy the forum. I love catching big snook - the 80cm plus models are great fun and a challenge to get to the boat. A bit slimy to handle but good tucker. My Dad loves them fresh and they do smoke really well.
Thank you Andrew! :D

Yes, we moved down about 8 years ago from Perth, fed up with the break ins and Perth had become like any City, it had lost it's personal friendly approach. Never regretted it, though we do miss some of the culture stuff. Had a change to go to the "Red Parrot" reunion - that was a blast.

Will DEFINITELY be giving snook another go! :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.