Kayak and Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings one and all from Broome WA.
I've been kayaking for around a year n a half but have only recently taken to lure fishing. Living only 10 minutes from the beach I get out pretty often, 3-5 times a week for an hour or 2 depending on how early I can knock off :). I love catching a Broome sunset on the water and getting some exercise and a fish while I'm at it.
I'm thinking of moving from paradise to paradise as I am likely heading to North Stradbroke island in the near future which is why I thought it might be a good idea to join up to an Australia wide forum.
I post on my local kayak angling page almost daily but I'll save the postings to just the more interesting ones for all of ya.

Have had a few good size queenies in the last couple of weeks which is good but I'd love to hook into some of the big mackies and Tuna that from time to time come within reach of the Broome coastline.
As a bit of an idea what is in the daily trip reports atm- An average afternoon atm would see a 1-5 undersized mackies(40-70cm), trevally come in all sizes, small queenies, sometimes larger queenies to 1m+ and smallish barracuda usually catching 5-6 cuda in the last hour of light in the day.

·
Banned
8,383 Posts
Contact exp2000 (Brett).

He's a long time local (bit of a fruitloop though, but who's attaching labels?)

·
Registered
14,293 Posts
Unfortunately, due to the change in ownership of this web site and the lack of response by the owners to my requests to remove my email address from all administrative-level notifications and functionality, I have decided to remove my posts on AKFF. Thank you for the great times, the fantastic learning experiences and the many many fish. If you are desperate for the old content of this particular post, it is available below base64 encoded and bzip2 compressed.

Red.

----

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

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks all for the info.
Cheers Trev- I often paddle out a km or so to find Brett out. he has the local kayak anglers page which I post on regularly.
And thanks Red - I'm looking at being in straddie in a couple of months. It can take a while to find the good fish here in Broome. In close gets hammered pretty hard. Every second driveway in Broome has got a tinny in it and its of em get used every week. It'll be a matter of getting out n doing plenty of paddling to find the fish again on straddie :) I like to put in a couple of hours paddling at least a couple of hours a week so shouldn't be too long before I find a feed :). Will keep you posted.
Cheers

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.