Kayak and Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, now I'm getting old(er) I have to become technologically savvy as my gf bought me an e30 Garmin GPS thingo for my birthday. Any tips on how to use it (I am aiming to read the destructions when I get a moment but previous experience with technology means they are probably written in gobbledygook!)

·
Registered
42 Posts
That's a pretty big ask with the enormous capability of these hand held units! I think the key things are to go into the settings menu, make sure it is in metric units and degrees minutes and seconds (not decimal minutes). Then make sure you know how to mark a way point for that small lump you paddle over and see on the sounder. I recommend you go for a walk and use the track capabilities.
The manual is pretty basic and it will have many more features
Good luck

·
Registered
6 Posts
MrFaulty said:
Okay, now I'm getting old(er) I have to become technologically savvy as my gf bought me an e30 Garmin GPS thingo for my birthday. Any tips on how to use it (I am aiming to read the destructions when I get a moment but previous experience with technology means they are probably written in gobbledygook!)
Its quite simple really ... Just point it towards the telly and push the button.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.