Kayak and Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys just curious I have a mate down south I want to send my google earth spots to seeing I don't live there anymore and he still does i'd like to share a few of my spots with him how do I go about sharing like my whole save not just email him individual spots

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
In Google Earth export a .kmz with just your points.
Email him the .kmz. He then can open the .kmz in Google Earth on his machine.

I'm sure there are many on here that will work as intermediary to make sure the spots are right. Heh.

G

·
Zoom in on the location; right click and choose directions to here or from here (it doesn't matter); copy from the to or from box the resulting map co-ordinates.

To use, open Google maps enter enter the co-ordinates in the seach box

Alternatively, amend the following to create a link:

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=-37.055922,149.945472

replacing the parts after the equals signs (i.e. '-37.055922,149.945472') with your copied coordinates.

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
^That's a very long way of doing it, stephen.
Google Earth and Google maps isn't the same.
If ryan has all his points in his own GE, it is very easy to export (save as) a kmz file containing all (or some) of his points and emailing that file.

G

·
Zed said:
^That's a very long way of doing it, stephen.
Google Earth and Google maps isn't the same.
If ryan has all his points in his own GE, it is very easy to export (save as) a kmz file containing all (or some) of his points and emailing that file.
Only pointing out there are easy alternatives for those who don't load Google Earth.

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
I guess easy is relative.
Doing that 20 times over and over would suck, if he already had GOOGLE EARTH, like it says in the title.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.