Kayak and Fishing Forum banner

G'day from Rockingham WA

2K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  Brandon 
#1 ·
Hi all

I have bought a 2.6m Finn Gizmo Fisher from Finn Kayaks (http://www.finnkayaks.com) and have just started fishing with it out near Penguin Island in Saftey Bay Rockingham as well as in Mangles Bay.

Been out twice so far with 1 herring and 1 seagull to date.

I paddled like crazy to where the gulls were swooping in the water, cast a few lures in and hooked the gull in the wing :( A slow tow back to shore with the bird going crazy at a safe distance, followed by a towel over its head so I could get close enough to remove the hook from it's wing seen it live to see another day.

Anyone local intrested in going out for a fish let me know!

Regards :D
Matt

#2 ·
G Day Matt...welcome along. Nice C & R there, pecky buggers when they want to be :D

#3 ·
Welcome Matt you have some forum company in the west but don't know how close they are to you.
Bird encounters are painful for all concerned until the release, I've had 2 a mutton bird, and a brahminy kite and none of us were happy with the experience

#5 ·
Unfortunately, due to the change in ownership of this web site and the lack of response by the owners to my requests to remove my email address from all administrative-level notifications and functionality, I have decided to remove my posts on AKFF. Thank you for the great times, the fantastic learning experiences and the many many fish. If you are desperate for the old content of this particular post, it is available below base64 encoded and bzip2 compressed.

Red.

----

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

#11 ·
G'Day Matt,

I will be resident in Perth again come February 1st some time and yes it would great to catch up for a fish. Have you fished Pt Peron and those areas yet, as they seem to be some good ground down there also.

Yakabe.

#13 ·
Yes, I have been snorkelling out there a couple times, and the area does look really good under the water also. It is also quite a popular land base fishing area.

Yakabe.

#14 ·
HI Brandon here i have resently bought the gizmo fisher and my mate got the gizmo we were looking for people to go out fishing with? but....... were 15 turning 16 so we dont know the age different but if your cool with going fishing with us we will be up for the journey cheers

From Brandon :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.