Kayak and Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all im checking in here to post a report on iluka fishing trip from today. iluka is not a very big town in nsw near Grafton,yamba area. the river system is huge!! as its the great all mighty Clarence river that runs threw iluka anyway i spent the night in iluka on the tuesday and got up at 5am for an early start with a belly full of eggs on toast and a cup of tea i set off. i quickly checked to see what the weather was doing as there was a little wind as i saw on weather watch that the day was going to be very windy with wind up to 25ks which at about 12am was to much to handle so i limped back to shore. as fishing went there were heaps of bait fish around and taylor everywhere!! i caught 2 fish tank model flat heads and one Jew fish ( under sized) most of the fish were caught on a berkley 1/5 weight as there were heaps of taylor in the water i thought silver in colour would do the trick. and the other lure i was using was a yo-zuri minnow which picked up a few Taylor.over all it was a nice morning untill the wind came along the river has some very deep drop offs and plenty of structures,jetty's,walls,harbors, for the fish to hide up against. its a well worth trip to check out ill be going back just be aware if there is ment to be wind leave it to another day as its a very open river wind can become very hard to compete against. i only did the top end of the river and it took me 5 hours to do this river is a monster and a very healthy one at that! if your on a fishing trip i say drop into iluka well worth the go! thanks guys heres a few pics :)

Attachments

·
Registered
12,307 Posts
Iluka is certainly a great spot to visit and seem to be tailor all over the place at present, and good tp see you had some fun HHead.

Up to this point have only beach and rock hopped there myself, and always go the Co-op for 2-spot whiting and chips for a feed, top tucker.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.