Kayak and Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not an FB kinda guy so I'll stay clear of technical and social discussions.

The intent was to attract younger contributors to the forum to replace the older contribtors that slowly fall by the wayside. FB is simply a sign-post pointing here. I can't comment on whether it will have that effect.

·
Registered
14,293 Posts
Toes in the water at the moment; using it a bit like an article-by-article flipboard that just points back to AKFF, without taking advantage of many of the social media strengths around conversation. No posting by third parties (though if Jon wants to go down that path, and is happy to strong-arm the moderation, ok), comments enabled for the moment... but we'll see on that front. So, not really something to replace the conversation side of the forum. More a way to reach non-traditional AKFF audiences with selected articles of interest.

I sometimes bemoan the fact that my work forces me to get familiar with emerging security threats of all kinds. As such, I have a facebook account, I'm googled up to the eyeballs. I'll play with ingress (game, not DB). I'll get familiar with twitter. I even had an iphone! Wherever the crowds go, I have to stick my nose in. Jeez you come up feeling like you've been smeared with mud though sometimes.

kraley said:
Of course, remember that my first participation in internet shenanigans came when some of us set up a sleeper cell and then terrorised rec.pets.cats on usenet so I guess I could move to the new world if I wanted, but I don't.
I still have an original 'geeky' DoD hat from rec.motorcycles. We're getting old man.

Red.

·
Registered
14,293 Posts
kraley said:
There really isn't any reason at all for anyone to use anything except wordpress, mySQL, and maybe shopify.
Probably swap mysql for mariaDB though. Oracle's track record with open source is a little iffy, and there's little commercial incentive to drive mysql much.

Red.

·
Registered
8,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
8,610 Posts
patwah said:
Still no tit selfies on AKFF Facebook page
I had nipples tattooed on my bum for just such an occasion.

·
Registered
8,610 Posts
Bertros said:
keza said:
patwah said:
Still no tit selfies on AKFF Facebook page
I had nipples tattooed on my bum for just such an occasion.
Does that still work with all the hair, or do you wax too for just such an occasion?
I shave circles and let the hair add shading to give better shape.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.