Kayak and Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone,

in my river there are a few bass and redfin and i was wondering if i use spinnerbaits for bass would i catch redfin to or should i just stick to bream lures.

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
Brackos, have you tried celtas? Bass and Redfin both go mental for them and you may even pick up the odd trout in the Wingecaribee depending on the section.

Added bonus of being cheap and casting a mile.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i use celtas most of the time and have got some big bass on them but they get snagged a lot and plus i want something where i can use my baitcatser with

·
Registered
24 Posts
In smaller rivers like the ones we fish down our way brackos I would recommend more natural presentation
EG: Diving lures or celtas and blades for the redfin as in my experience they tend to get smart fast down our way due to the use of most of the river as carp fisho paridise... :lol:
I'm not sure about the bass try whatever works i'm sure you'll get some from what you have shown us so far.
I will be interested to hear how you go as i'm not sure about the bass and if the Reddies are yet to fully understand the idea of fishermen and their ways then they probably will take anything you throw at them :D

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks everyone

Got some 1/8 spinnerbaits and i will tell everyone how i go.

Brackos

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.