Kayak and Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Hi Roge,

Im keen and in Tas for a month. No kayak though! Would you have one I can borrow? Ive fished Austins Ferry area before, had a great session on the bream.

Let me know, I have all the other gear just no yak as I flew in.

cheers, Pip

·
Premium Member
3,284 Posts
Guys, the bream have pretty much shut down at the moment as they do in winter down here. The sea runners have been a bit patchy. When were you guys thinking about doing this? I have a spare yak if we do it on one of my rare days off.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Pip
Sorry i dont have a spare yak.
Scott
I didn't have a date in mind just putting the feelers out to see what the interest is,i am keen if/when others are though.
I agree the Derwent seems quiet of late :(

·
Registered
113 Posts
I heading north in the morning but should be back in a few weeks. I'll check in then. What days work for you Scott?

I had a tip that Kingston, Browns bridge? is worth a throw.

I went up the Great Lake last Sunday. Amazing place, soooo cold. We were breaking thru ice in the boat. Lures were skipping on ice! Fog lifted at midday! Fishing was slow but we managed a few nice browns.

Loving Tassie.

Pip

·
Premium Member
3,284 Posts
roge said:
Hi Pip
Sorry i dont have a spare yak.
Scott
I didn't have a date in mind just putting the feelers out to see what the interest is,i am keen if/when others are though.
I agree the Derwent seems quiet of late :(
Hi Roge. I have Sundays off mate. I have found that this time of year it is worth driving up to Little Swanport as at this time of the year the bream are schooling around the lower reaches and are easier to fins than the Derwent fish. I ams till keen for a Derwent trip though, there should be the odd trout around.

Pip, browns fishes well this time of year.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Scott
I heard the sea runners are appearing in the Derwent,if weather permits i thought i might head out on Monday the 8th as i have a day off planned.I will most likely launch at Old Beach or Austins Ferry ramp.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.