Kayak and Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Warning this guy actually purposely puts hooks in his arm and then shows you 3 ways of removing them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgfpsupm ... _embedded#!

My question to you (tongue in cheek) are all yanks mad, assuming he is a yak and being honest, did you squirm at least once while watching the video ?

PS wasn't sure where to post, here or the safety section.

Steve

·
Registered
943 Posts
I've been doing that to myself and mates for years with not one that was problematic.
It actually hurts a whole lot less than when it went in.
Worst place is the finger tips because the skin is tough and the sensitivity much higher than anywhere else on your body, but even there they do come out easily enough.
I wouldn't try it with a hook thru the eyeball though.....

·
Banned
8,383 Posts
This is a real risk for us as kayak fishos. This is so paramount to safety, that I feel this should be re-classified.

Mods: Please move this to Safety.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Looks like he really enjoys the experience. Rather him than me but good on him for showing us. He should go into the piercing business as you would pay $30 to have a similar piercing

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
kayakone said:
This is a real risk for us as kayak fishos. This is so paramount to safety, that I feel this should be re-classified.

Trev and mods i am happy for this to go into whatever section you feel appropriate or to be left here.

Steve

G

·
kayakone said:

This is somthing that should be practiced just like re entry to the yak. :twisted:

·
Registered
8,050 Posts

·
Registered
8,050 Posts
You'd think that he'd test out the methods first before filming wouldn't you :? .

I've used the second method twice. Works a treat. The trick is to mack fure you grad the hook with the pliers really close the the skin. The trick is to 'disengage the barb' as he said in the third method, by making sure the eye is touching your skin before you pull with the pliers.

I've seen the last bethod used on other videos. It does seem like the best method if (and this is a big if for us) you have a second person handy. But don't try it as he did because he's obviously more into pain than instruction. Get you mate to pull tightly on the line (i.e, leave the line through the eye). Pushing down on the skin near the hook also helps.

·
Banned
8,383 Posts
Good video Ado. That was a Sebile Magic Swimmer that he cut all the barbs off before removal. Better than getting a second one embedded. :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.