Kayak and Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
8,383 Posts
OMG. Carnster model!

G

·

These monsters were supposedly caught by a pro off the sunny coast and come in at 47kg and 52kg
I'll sort the pic so it comes up tomorrow. Dam phones

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
grinner said:
kev, awesome fish, is there a bigger cigateura risk with those really big spaniards. they were the fish that caused most of the poisoning round gladstone
I would suspect there is, just think of how many fish that big mumma has eaten with each one adding a little more ciguatera to its system. The general rule of thumb is to be very careful with anything over 20kg. I have heard of a case on the goldy where a guy and his whole family got ciguatera poisoning from a relatively small spaniard of only around 10kg.

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
G

·
BIGKEV said:
nad97 said:

These monsters were supposedly caught by a pro off the sunny coast and come in at 47kg and 52kg
I'll sort the pic so it comes up tomorrow. Dam phones
Hey Nick,

Those things really are monsters. Surely Ciguatera would have to be a huge concern with fish this size, I suppose as a pro though he just sells them on and it becomes somebody else's problem.
Yeh Kev I agree with that but he may have been making a tilt at the Aus record as I think the previous record was 44kg caught of a small Island off Bowen.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.