Kayak and Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After my last couple of goes with Sps my confidence is growing. The first day two bass minnows in that olivey green colour with irridescent scales were lost. Today 2 flatties around 44 on 1 rig.
I fished them as described elsewhere on the forum, but using an 1/8 jig today. For me it feels like fishing a weightless bait, as I couldnt really feel the lure, but I did feel the bites :!:
They are cheap, so it doesnt break your heart when you lose one either, its easier to get the hooks out, and they work.
I'm gonna give em a bit more of a go I reckon. :D

· Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah mate, I'm truly lucky. The water today was crystal clear, didnt see any fish, tried a hb for about 15min, no good, then the SPs produced the goods, thats why I'm excited. The fish react differently with a single pin to the lip, more headshakes, fairer fight. :lol:

· Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Today the conditions were perfect for paddling and not very fishy, too sunny and clear. I flicked minnows 3' around for about 2 hours. Lost one good fish, let him have a bit then struck to early too hard. 1 25cm flatty and 1 37cm flatty both returned. The Sp is a bit chewed but still fine after 4 flatties. :D
Now normally I would perhaps be a bit dissapointed with that but on the contrary it has made me even keener on the Sps because 2 other blokes, one regular with an espri and a fellow from currumbin who had a $30 surf ski retro fitted with a holder(classic set up) and they trolled hbs around for the whole time I was out there and some and they didnt get a touch !
Go the SP's.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.