Kayak and Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all... I have a friend, who has this problem with lollies, and vending machines. He finds that when he passes by one, the voices say "gimme a coupler dollars foo". Said friend dips into pockets money in .......select D7... m and ms. hears servo motor and sees coil move. salivates copiously before packet even comes out of the machine. (Pavlov's Dog)

The point being, I.... I mean my mate, is spending about 12 bucks a day in these machines. By my roughest calculation, this equates to at least one fitted out viking predator, with sounder, mounts, coupler rods and reels per year. :oops:

He does not drink much, and gave up smoking in 1975, but this is a different will power issue.
I think I gotta focus on the new yak.... me mate I mean :roll:

Cheers all Andybear :lol:

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
This is where fishers are discriminated against. I say that next to every confectionary vending machine there should be a soft plastics vending machine (no Occy, not that nasty chewy you keep buying). Then you could indulge your addiction and spend your money wisely Andy

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, I will work on it... starting next week :oops:

Cheers Andybear :lol:

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Buy the vending machines. A mate of mine does ok from them. A nice little earner

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Hammerhead said:
Go back to your childhood and start a money box. Every coin you come home with goes in. Once you start to make progress you will be surprised how quickly it accumulates.
This works well, when I got my Yak I decided now was the perfect time to start shedding a few kilos and my number one way of doing it also saved me some money. Instead of going near the vending machines here at work, I kept my change in my pocket and took it home with me. In just over a month I have filled a 2 litre Icecream container almost to the brim with coins, both gold and silver. :shock:

I have no idea how much is in the conatiner, but since I no longer consume 4 to 5 cans of coke a day and 3 or so packs of chips or chocolates, I have gone from a starting wieght of 128 kg down to 118 kg. So I am saving money and getting a bit healthier. Its even inspired me to start a proper diet and drop up to another 25 kg, a lot of work ahead but it will be worth it. :lol:

I have figured the cash can just build up till I want a new toy/rod/reel/PFD/lures/tackle/maybe something for the missues for our anniversary/fish finder/ camera for the Yak (can you spot the odd one out?) :wink:

·
Registered
655 Posts
Dont listen to em Andybear.

Chocies yyyuuuummmmmm

lollies yyyuuuummmmmm

beg borrow or steal but eat chocies and lollies mmmmmm

Krispy Kremes mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

cheese lovers pizza mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Cheese burgers mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Twisties mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Andybear....Strap a Mars bar to ya bicep and call me in the morning :roll:

If that dont work take that hat :shock: off ya head and fill it with yummies.

:D fishing Russ

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Tell your mate that talking about it is the first step to beating this problem, then I would take a previous suggestion a step further, rather than carrying a pic of the kayak around with you, start sticking them on all the vending machines you use when no one is looking. They probly only get filled once a week, so should stay there long enough for you to get over it. :p
Dave, if we had vending machines for Gulps I'd be permanently broke.

·
Registered
867 Posts
G'day andybear, if you are like me mate, there is only one solution: Don't carry change! Either put it in the ashtray of the car, a jar at home, etc.

It works. If you need to go hassle someone to break a note, or go to the car, chances are you won't bother.

Put yourself in front of a machine with money in your pocket, where you only spend small amounts at one time &....well you know what happens! :lol:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts