Kayak and Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
I've never done it before but I think I might vote Green!!
Why....? They are the opposite ends of the spectrum! You are right, the greens wont support the Super Trawlers but neither will they support recreational fishing.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Brc226 said:
I've never done it before but I think I might vote Green!!
Why....? They are the opposite ends of the spectrum! You are right, the greens wont support the Super Trawlers but neither will they support recreational fishing.
I suspect the Greens are a bit too pragmatic to go after recreational fishing. If that's not true though, they're a federal minority that'll have a say in decisions regarding the trawler but not state matters like rec fishing regulations.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Its a bit of a dogs dinner; the Greens are against supertrawlers but support marine parks and support rec fishers in none marine park areas. The Coalition support super trawlers (Colbeck and Abetz) and are against marine parks. Labor per Tony Burke are for a 2 year moratorium on super trawlers and are for marine parks. Labor supports rec fishers in none marine park areas, and the Coalition supports rec fishing provided there's no new commercial interest effected.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.