Kayak and Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
298 Posts
Haven't really fished first hand much in a system like this, but i'd say when the system finally gets open to the sea it provides a pretty big source of stimulation. One of the more obvious things is the physical movement of water your going to start to get, with the newly added tidal/draining movement. I guess it's like a lot of fishing situations, where a bit of tidal movement is preferred to the dead top or bottom of the tide.

I'd also say the leaking into the sea of fresh, and often discoloured water is going to bring the fish that were outside the system in for a look-see and feed.

In a swollen system the saltiness is going to be diluted even more than normal. Maybe this is a bit of a turnoff for estuary fish more at home in slightly salty conditions. Just some thoughts. Like hear peoples observations and ideas too

· Registered
298 Posts
Haven't really fished first hand much in a system like this, but i'd say when the system finally gets open to the sea it provides a pretty big source of stimulation. One of the more obvious things is the physical movement of water your going to start to get, with the newly added tidal/draining movement. I guess it's like a lot of fishing situations, where a bit of tidal movement is preferred to the dead top or bottom of the tide.

I'd also say the leaking into the sea of fresh, and often discoloured water is going to bring the fish that were outside the system in for a look-see and feed.

In a swollen system the saltiness is going to be diluted even more than normal. Maybe this is a bit of a turnoff for estuary fish more at home in slightly salty conditions. Just some thoughts. Like hear peoples observations and ideas too

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.