Kayak and Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Premium Member
2,010 Posts
Deaddrift, mate from the sounds of things it will be all up hill from here. Having a rudder manufactured out of plastic seems a bit suss given the abuse my poor rudder gets from its idiotic user who generally forgets to fold it up when approaching shore. I always like to secure my rod(s) either in the front hatch or in a paddle clip when coming in to shore in rough conditions to prevent creating a 3pc rod like you did.

Catch ya Scott

· Registered
56 Posts
Deaddrift mate,

I know how you feel. Recently I posted here that I lost my rod and reel on my first yak fishing expedition. What I didn't post was the other non-kayaking related incidents that plauged me for several weeks previous.

I had a nose to arse car accident (not too bad, but I was the looking at the arse), I slipped down some steep steps at work riding them on my bum right down to the landing. My girlfriend and I parted ways and I crashed my two of my favourite model planes (now that is an expensive hobby!).

So my friend, believe me when I say that I feel your hurt buddy. I seem to be over the temporary curse that has plagued me. Now I think that the law of averages will come to play and things will be sweet for some time to come.

Roll with the punches and keep smiling.

Milano.

· Registered
418 Posts
Sorry to hear about all your bad luck Deaddrift......but like they say if you on the ground you can only go up.
Hey milan how you liking your Predator?

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks all. Good news is that I have sourced a very sexy rudder and blade housing for about $110 on Trademe. Its one of those springloaded ones that need only a single cord to elevate it (SmartTrack or something) - will post a pic over the weekend. First priority is the rod which is a buggar co I was getting really sentimental about that one. I always stow my stuff during surf launches but we hadn't engaged suicide mode when the set cames through - besides stowing things on the Expedition at sea is interesting...

· Registered
56 Posts
An improved version of your rudder... things are looking on the upside already :D.

Magik..... love the predator.... what a machine! I would love to try the OK Elite and the Hobie adventure just to have something to compare it to.

Cheers,

Milano

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.