Registered
8,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well can they?

·
Registered
8,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I too am hoping for a Cadel podium but I think that will be pushing it unless there are injuries. Wiggins missing helps him out. It's a completely different lead up this year with him giving the Giro a decent crack. Who knows what that will do to him.

I can see Froome winning five in a row or something stupid. So good, so young.

Voeckler? Really?

Strange not having a prologue this year. It seems the winner of the first stage gets yellow. There may not be any time differences until the team time trial.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Didn't TJ Van Garderen look really good last year? - He'd be my smokey, if he wasn't commited to Evans.
Orica must be pretty pumped with all the publicity from having that bus stuck under the banner!

·
Registered
118 Posts
TJ was 5th and Cadel was 8th from memory...

Voekler will struggle in the mountains, he might do well on one stage but tends to struggle the following day.

Smokey would be anyone lucky enough to avoid a crash....

I've got some late nights coming up again...

SH

·
Registered
8,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Can Greed Edge pull a win this year? If not, will they be invited back for a third try?

·
Registered
478 Posts
Ado said:
Can Greed Edge pull a win this year? If not, will they be invited back for a third try?
Goss might go alright tonight, I think it will suit him.

They'll keep coming back as long as they're a protour team.. They need to attract the dollars ( big money for a protour licence).

The froomedog is going to be real hard to beat. His to lose.... But maybe the pressure ??

Contador is in some good form and will without doubt attack him if trailing, he's not shy. Plus he's got Rogers this year, big loss for sky.

Cadel will be there abouts but in my mind will have to fight hard for a podium. Suspect TJ will finish higher.

Don't underestimate Andy, he's got a few ??, but I'm hoping we'll be surprised by his form.

·
Registered
8,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What a great result to wake up to. Green Edge almost had a King of the Mountain Jersey too. That would have been a real Coope.

·
Registered
12,307 Posts
Ado said:
Green Edge almost had a King of the Mountain Jersey too.
Such a shame Simon Clarke could not hang in for that last kilometre and gain the 1 point he needed for the polka dot jersey, but he certainly gave his best for the team last night, but good the other Simon capped of the Green Edge day to perfection.

·
Registered
8,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
They will become a factor only when they learn to time trial and what the word humility means so that others are willing to help them.

·
Registered
8,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well that pretty much puts Cadel out. Such a pity so early in the tour. It's not the first time he's been let down by his team in the time trial. It's a very hard road back from here. He would have to lose no more time in the moutains to Froome and Contador to have a chance. That would seem unlikely.

But what a result for Green Edge! Two in a row and Gerrans in Yellow!!!

·
Registered
8,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well that answered that question. An emphatic no.

I don't think I've ever seen a tour won so early. Stage 8 and it's all over.

·
Registered
12,307 Posts
Tour related, and recommended...

Got a book from the library yesterday and incredible for those interested in the Tour history and with bucket loads of stats, covering the Tours inception to 2012, only results missing are the current 2013 event although the course is described, the book has fantastic images and well written.

Drug issues are mentioned and not glossed over, but makes some results look strange due to disqualifications in later years.

Title: The Official 100th Race Anniversary Edition, Tour de France.

Authors: many strange names

Publisher: Quercus Sport/Cycling

And re last night, how good are the mountain stages to make TDF so special, and certainly puts Froome in a good spot as long as injury is kept at bay.

·
Registered
8,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
systemtester said:
My pre-tour Porte call is still one bad Froome day away from reality. Finishing 50 behind after setting tempo up that climb is a good effort.
Damn toontin'.

·
Registered
8,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Sold the suffering. Love it.

·
Registered
478 Posts
leftieant said:
Robbie is tipping Voeckler for the win tonight on Twitter. I reckon he's on the money.

[/quote

You may be on the money there, the stage will suit a breakaway to stay out.

A bumpy one tonight, a few climbs including the Peyresourde, I think (hope) a few boys will be out for some revenge and seeing as they've nothing to lose AND the day before a rest...
Sky will let them go but ride a steady tempo if need be and make it difficult to stay out to long if anyone of any GC intentions are thinking of pinning some time back. I'm tipping Pinot, he lost out yesterday to some misfortune and was a little pissed after the finish. Or maybe Rolland, didn't look that great last night but I think he's pretty keen for the Polka dots.... And the fact these two are both in my fantasy team will help.

Anything will be better then a Froome victory lap of France. I like the guy but I love the race, I want to see him crack :twisted:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.