Kayak and Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
After a good crop from my chilli bushes i decided to make another batch of sauce. Last time it was with yellow habenero's and birds eye's.I have enjoyed making sauce for a while and i know this one will be extremly painfull the next day.

For those that are intrested the recepie is as follows...................

8 Ripe tomatoes-6 Cloves garlic-2cm cube ginger-6 Medium sized onions-Small red capcicum- 20 Bhut Jolokia's-3 cups cider vinegar-3-4 cups white sugar..

Chop tomatoes, garlic, onions. ginger, capsicum, chillies add to blender and blend/pulse to desired consistancy. Pour into pot add sugar and vinegar and bring to the boil stiring occasionaly. Turn down heat and simmer for 30-40 minutes until desired thickness.

Prep jars for bottling...Let cool then fill jars . Should last for seversl months...Hope you enjoy...
P1010118.JPG

Attachments

·
Registered
104 Posts
that looks awesome mate!! i will def try and make this, out of curiousity, if i couldn't find those particular chilli's, could i use habeneros? and to grow chilli's, do you need much sunlight? i live in a townhouse with a courtyard which may not get the greatest sunlight throughout the whole day.
i love my hot foods, i just made up 2 spice blends, one a cajun one and the other a jamaican jerk one, both tasty on anything!
thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi ya Nuts

You can use any type of chilli just depends on how hot you like it. My plant grows on the patio and gets 4-5hours full sun a day and in shade the rest of the day.I helped my plant along by using Yates Thrive about once a fortnite. Powder type and mix a spoon full and add to 4 litres of h2o. It's a simple recepie and doesn't take long to throw together. Let me know how you go...

Cheers

Stevo...

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
bunsen said:
Hey Bungy, you sure they are Bhuts? They look more like pimentas.
Hi ya Bunseen

Cant say for sure. Was given a bag of these from a mates dad and bhutt jolokia's was written on the bag. So not knowing my chilli's planted some and went with it. Will now have to search what type they are and change my title.... Cheers mate.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.