Kayak and Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
8,383 Posts
JL

I'm not a bream fisho, but I think if you look at Darwin's posts, you will find he is often targeting boat hulls, piers etc. Ado also is bream fisho of note, but mainly in the natural environment.

Also, I have heard that some very big bream are often found in shallow water (under one metre). Try unweighted small soft plastics such as a curly tail. Worth trying, and good luck.

·
Registered
632 Posts
G'day junior
Darwin's posts won't help much as he fishes about 100kms away from Brisbane Water!
Any of the wharves should hold bream at the right time. You could try the wharves in Woy Woy bay and also up and Koolewong/Tascott - you have access to both moored boats and wharves here. Nice spot to start.
Get onto Google maps and have a good look at the surroundings, then go prospecting.
It's going to get tough though over the next few months as the water temp falls.
Good luck.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Juniorlenny said:
Ok thanks just getting into bream fishing this summer and haven't had much luck what lb leader do you think is best?
thanks Lachlan
ive been having good success* with Sunline FC Rock in 3lb for bream up to 38cm :)

(*but not tested around leases)

·
Registered
484 Posts
I use anything from 2lb up to 8lb.

If you are in gin clear water and away from any structure go as light as you can. Where you need to muscle the fish out quick or likely to get broken off like leases or snags, go heavier.

4-6lb is a good alround to start with and Sunline FC Rock is a proven product.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.