Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys!! My new film, filmed February 2015:

If you like it, share it!!!

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Damn... I wish there was some bones fishing nearby... it really looks like the holy grail of fishing to me.

How does such a small fish tear so much line off so quickly?

Watching the film stirred up the old fly-fishin' right arm twitches... haven't had them for ages.

Jimbo

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
never to older for fly fishing... Thanks for yours comments!!! them make me happy!

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
Great Video Arno, thanks for sharing!! :D

Beekeeper said:
Damn... I wish there was some bones fishing nearby
They're caught on a fairly regular basis at the northern end and western side of Fraser Island, more an incidental catch though, as nobody really targets them. I saw first hand a couple caught in the middle of a hot tailor bite in a gutter close to Waddy Point in September 2011. Both fish were both close to 80cm long and took ganged pillies, both were killed unfortunately as is the mentality of many of the fishos up there at that time of year :( .

Kev

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Kev... I've heard that a couple were caught in cast-nets from the old Hornibrook Highway when it was still intact... so they apparently do occasionally come through, but not in numbers. I've never heard of line fishermen hooking them here.

I can't imagine sight fishing in murky waters like we have here around the Redcliffe Peninsula.

I'd heard about them being caught around Fraser before, but didn't realise that it was reasonably common.

Cheers, Jimbo

G

·
That video is superb. I'm physically sitting in the university library but mentally was standing totally beside you. Thank you very much for saving me from my studies for a few minutes. Please continue availing us of your adventures.

A little while back, Red got one at Peel... viewtopic.php?f=3&t=52169

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.