Kayak and Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been a while since i posted... been a while since i fished properly!!

Took the yak out to Ballarat's Lake Wendouree last weekend after hearing a few promising reports of trout going well.

ended up with 3 good browns, one going almost 50cm and they all fell to the Pontoon 21 Gagagoon 55 in Golden Perch pattern. i got busted off by two fish including one cracker that jumped only a couple of metres from a mate in his kayak and then it wrapped me around the rowing lane marker buoys and the 3lb fluro didn't stand a chance with a 5lb+ fish and rope!! I dropped another (it also tried to wrap me up) and missed a few solid hits.

All in all it was a great morning on the water and i forgot how well and dirty trout fight :D

And here is the video!!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Nice trout. I didn't realize trout had sharp teeth like in the photo. Tasty.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
patwah said:
Craig, wheres the bloody product placement hangin' out of the gob??

I had to look 3 times....
Ripped out of the fish when they were flopping around in the net... i'm not one to put it back in for a photo, you can see with the last fish the lure in the net then i pull it out... thats as close as i got

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Top fish.

You've got my hopes up for my trip to Jindabyne this weekend. First trout trip in years. Fingers crossed!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.