Kayak and Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can any one point me in the right direction for a reputable Australian on-line Hobie accessory supplier? My Google searches just keep coming up with O/S suppliers. Is there a preferred on-line supplier that supports or has a close affiliation with AKFF that I should try to support if I can?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks guys. I am in South Australia's Barossa Valley but have just found the Paddle Peddle Sail site in NSW and have ordered what I was looking for from them, postage isn't too bad.
Am expecting a new battery box, anchor trolley, flush mount for a scotty rod holder and a rod holder :)

·
Registered
174 Posts
SLH Mornington Vic are good guys. Mail order etc works for them. :-D

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't know why I had given myself the idea that Binks didn't do on-line sales (derr), although it might have just been that the gentlemen that sold me the Hobie at Binks last month seemed to be more into sailing than yakking and wasn't the full bottle on the accessories (he was a nice chap though). I know they are only an hour up the road from home but I am 1300km further up the road from home for two weeks at a time so it better to order gear to be delivered whilst I am away at work so I can get stuck into the pimping.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
It's funny you say that Pilch, because my dad's complained to me about having to wait on Hobie sales at Binks when he goes there to buy some shackles and split pins on the way to the sailing club :D

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Dropped into Binks today on the way out of the airport after flying back in from up north. Had a chat with Kym and got some great help and guidance on a few bits of kit and some operational issues that I was not 100% sure on. Kym also set me straight on their on-line services as well, and just for the record, Binks do provide an on-line store facility. If what you are looking for isn't on the basic on-line product list, they can and will, source anything from the Hobie catalogue range that you need.
I am pretty sure I will be keeping in touch with Kym and making the most of his sound advice and accessory supply service whilst I am continuing with the fit-out of the new Outback.

·
Registered
32 Posts
This is VERY handy info - it's VERY hard to get some Hobie accessories in WA, the retail outlets are not to blame, many tell me that their orders from Hobie are poorly filled. At least 2 months for a second hobie mirage drive stow bag - flicked a message to Binks via their contact page to see if they have them in stock.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Tonystott said:
Pilch said:
Thanks guys. I am in South Australia's Barossa Valley but have just found the Paddle Peddle Sail site in NSW and have ordered what I was looking for from them, postage isn't too bad.
Am expecting a new battery box, anchor trolley, flush mount for a scotty rod holder and a rod holder :)
P E D A L
I understood what Pilch was saying

·
Registered
65 Posts
Glad we got everything sorted for you Pilch.
As I said anything you need just give me a call.
(And by the way,my name is Kym,not Chris. :lol: )

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.