Kayak and Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So true Mr Crak. I remember as a drunk young lad in some pub in western sydney. I lost a game of pool badly to some big tattoed biker type character.When he laughed at me in a derisive manner i (being a smartarse with a quick tongue) threw and old cheech and chong quote at him. I told him, he should treat me with more respect. Why should i he asked? I could be your father i replied. I use to phuc water buffalo. With one punch he snotted me and i went down like a bag of shit. He rolled me under the table and continue to take on all comers on the table. Later on when i awoke he sat me up on a stool, bought me a beer and told me it was a cool comeback when he hd a chance to think about it.

·
Banned
8,383 Posts
Scott said:
So true Mr Crak. I remember as a drunk young lad in some pub in western sydney. I lost a game of pool badly to some big tattoed biker type character.When he laughed at me in a derisive manner i (being a smartarse with a quick tongue) threw and old cheech and chong quote at him. I told him, he should treat me with more respect. Why should i he asked? I could be your father i replied. I use to phuc water buffalo. With one punch he snotted me and i went down like a bag of shit. He rolled me under the table and continue to take on all comers on the table. Later on when i awoke he sat me up on a stool, bought me a beer and told me it was a cool comeback when he hd a chance to think about it.
The dark side of Scott. :shock: Or shall we call it 'the exuberance of youth.'

Never done anything like it in all my life. :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
867 Posts
Have you seen a film called "Bad Boy Bubby" Salti? Might be up your alley. Try & persevere past the initial mum & son sex scenes. That's not necessarily the part I think that you would find amusing. ;-)

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
Joel said:
But if you type it out and send it without any hints of your intent and somebody can get the wrong impression. What do you think wankers?
I think my foes list gets pretty full every couple weeks due to this, but then it's like a ghost town on here and I remove them all and I start over.

Historically, my mouth gets me in trouble with authority, not strangers or friends. F 'em if they can't take a joke.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Joel said:
Everybody has a line that shouldn't be crossed. Australian humour is great because it's always so close to that line... It does have some difficulty with being received well online though. If you give somebody a smart arse comment with a cheeky smile and a wink, they understand you are just mucking around. But if you type it out and send it without any hints of your intent and somebody can get the wrong impression. What do you think wankers?
Yep guilty of that one.
Some on here are selectively offended.

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
salticrak said:
Mate when you have been thru some of the shyte i have you may think differently. I have learned not to take myself to seriously and prefer it that way. The last thing I would want to be is an uptight arsehole, there are enough of them around, filled with their self importance. Some people are so up their own arses they can't see the humourous side of life.
Humour has always been used in pretty dire situations to lighten the load. Speak to any ambo, policeman or frontline soldier.That does not mean their application to the important stuff is lacking.
See you missed it, was it too dry? I was actually making a joke, maybe a little sarcastically I suppose.

I'm with Scott, my humour has got me in trouble on more than one occasion. I've learned to bite my tongue in person but in more recent times on the internet forums I have found it very difficult to portray context in the written word without using those stupid smilie faces.....

·
Registered
8,610 Posts
My humour seems to get me in a lot shit. I appear to be becoming more inappropriate as I get older and some people aren't seeing the funny side.
My list of comments I apparently shouldn't have made seems to have been soaring recently, I think it is because my kids are teenagers. Customs, immigration, police, hospitals and more recently school teachers, head mistress and kids counsellor have been added to the list I have been warned by. Humour is how I deal with stuff, the more down I am, the sharper my wit.
Apparently a quick comment from me, that I find very amusing but really has no deep or hidden meaning can scar a teenager for life. So fragile.
My wife has asked that I still make the comments but just not in public.

There is also the fear that one may not be as funny as one used to be. I saw this happen with my father. :(

·
Registered
478 Posts
keza said:
My humour seems to get me in a lot shit. I appear to be becoming more inappropriate as I get older and some people aren't seeing the funny side.
My list of comments I apparently shouldn't have made seems to have been soaring recently, I think it is because my kids are teenagers. Customs, immigration, police, hospitals and more recently school teachers, head mistress and kids counsellor have been added to the list I have been warned by. Humour is how I deal with stuff, the more down I am, the sharper my wit.
Apparently a quick comment from me, that I find very amusing but really has no deep or hidden meaning can scar a teenager for life. So fragile.

There is also the fear that one may not be as funny as one used to be. I saw this happen with my father. :(
Yeah Dad jokes...
I'm awesome at them.

Even though i know they're seriously not funny, just stupid, I can't seem to stop.. it's a natural progression.

I'm pretty dry. I think most on here are, that's why i find it so hilarious. I try to be careful as i can see how some comments could be taken the worng way.
I used to put a smiley face at the end of a post to make sure as to not to offend, but I get sick of doing that.

·
Registered
392 Posts
keza said:

There is also the fear that one may not be as funny as one used to be. I saw this happen with my father
. :(
As we age it is normal to become less inhibited and seek to elevate the humour to the highest elevation.
Some times we have to re-learn acceptable behaviours when we have deviated from public norms.
When we are flat out and dealing with excessive pressures we don't have the time for the niceties of life and it so much a relief to let off a bit of steam.

The Australian humour is derived from banter and word play and has evolved to avoid excessive offence to persons not in the know.

Regards

Ian

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.