Kayak and Fishing Forum banner

AUGUST 2006 AKFF Fishing Competition - WINNERS

3K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  YakAtak 
#1 ·
August Comp period STARTS Tuesday 1st August and ENDS Monday 7th August.

Entries must be submitted by Friday 11th August 5pm. Winners will be announced at that time.

For competition rules etc see http://www.akff.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2952

Entries only should be posted in this thread (please refrain from posting messages that aren't comp entries in this thread).

Thanks and Good Luck.... :D

#2 ·
Fishbrain
FISH TYPE- Trevally
LENGTH- 96cm went 9.8 KG
Date and Time-hooked about 6.20am landed about 8.10 am
Location -Coomera
Type of lure -unweighted ego 3"pink grassminnow
1-3 kg rod stradic 1500 reel 4lb fireline 8 lb leader can now die a happy man

Attachments

#5 ·
WELL it looks as though only 2 AKFFers managed to get out during the comp period and actually CATCH FISH! Well done to all that actively went out 'hoping' for that big one...better luck next time,. As the water starts to warm up, hopefully the fishin' will get better!

OK, RESULTS TIME! It goes without saying that in FIRST PLACE this month is FISHBRAIN with his monster trevally! Well done Brad! A great fish on light gear, awesome stuff.

2ND PLACE is Breambo with his cracker greenback tailor.

Breambo also takes 3RD PLACE with his nice 51cm flattie.

Breambo also wins 'Keenest Yakfisho of the Month award!' 8)

Next month I plan to introduce a pointscore with points awarded from 1st-5th place (or 1st -10th if we get enough entries) Points will be carried over each month Sept-December with the angler who has the most points winning a prize at end of year. Every fish entered will be eligible for points - so get to it, and start planning your trips now for the first week of September Friday 1st - Thursday 7th will be the timeframe.

Thanks.

#6 ·
Congratulations to Fishbrain with his almost impossible to beat trevally catching it within hours of the comp starting, as one of the old legends from around here would say, "a true hero hookup" !
And congratulations to AKFF for making it happen, Im stoked I can be a part of it. I'm only doing what you guys suggest and it sure does work !

Keenest Yak Fisho of the month, what an honour. Its making me even keener :lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.