Kayak and Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
Don't quite know what spawned this, but if it's a dig at Liverpool or Manchester, I'm IN!
Can we make this the equivalent of the Cricket or Rugger or Origin thread, and have an EPL thread? The amount of footie interaction is very low in the US. I need stimulation.

Chelsea has been touring SE Asia/Indo. Bangkok, Kuala Lumpur, and then Jakarta tomorrow. Then to the US for a stint vs Serie A teams :Inter, AC Milan, AS Roma, Valencia but no W Coast matches. If you do have the chance to see an exhibition match w/in 100miles or so, GO! Ya plastics.

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
I think Punchy is a bit pissed that they fill the MCG with 95,000 fans for this but an average A League game sees the turnstiles tick over about 12,000 times.....

Correct me I'm wrong

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Close Trev. I have been a masochistic football fan ever since I can remember. I too could hunt the glory of following a team half a globe away that I have no connection to but like many others have stupidly supported local clubs and the Australian national team.

So watching 80,000 plastic, couch potato foxtel football experts wailing "You'll Never Walk Alone" was enough to make me want to puke.

Glad to see the young Melbourne Victory side playing so well against some of the worlds best. They were no pushovers.

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
I hear what you are saying. When I saw Chelsea play Inter at the Rose Bowl for 80k, I couldn't figure out where they all came from.

Maybe they were just Floyd fans, eh?

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
Hell, or Rodgers and Hammerstein.
Buncha show tune lovers.

·
Registered
5,464 Posts
Bertros said:
anselmo said:
Zed Chelsea fans are kinda the same now
Once a team starts winning trophies the "silent fans" come out if the closet
And this explains Liverpool fans how? :shock:
This

So watching 80,000 plastic, couch potato foxtel football experts wailing "You'll Never Walk Alone" was enough to make me want to puke.

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
anselmo said:
It's ok, you may call them Chelski. Like I said, I saw a bowl filled with them --But also saw Charlize Theron and Will Ferrell in person. MUFC and Barca are the biggest bandwagoner draws around, though. No matter the nationality, MUFC is known.

I ride my MTB in my CFC jersies. Once in a long while someone recognizes the crest and comments. Once, I was descending a single track and came upon some climbers. RoW dictates I yield to the climbers so I slowed and went to the side, one foot down, but not stopping; just going slow and leaving room. Well the guy in front was a Brit and says, "As a Manchester United backer, I appreciate you giving me way." I was past him by the end of the sentence and was accelerating again. I really had no choice to yield, the bastard. Ha. Oh to have a time machine. I'd show him yield. lol

I'm excited to see the new CFC this season. It's a whole new set. Josie is like a God. They chanted about him even when he left the team.

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
I think Arsenal is the ones with the empty trophy case.

·
Registered
5,464 Posts
Bertros said:
anselmo said:
Bertros said:
And this explains Liverpool fans how? :shock:
This

So all we need is some trophies then. :shock:
And a bunch of bandwagoneers (i like that one zed!)

·
Registered
5,464 Posts
Zed said:
anselmo said:
It's ok, you may call them Chelski. Like I said, I saw a bowl filled with them --But also saw Charlize Theron and Will Ferrell in person. MUFC and Barca are the biggest bandwagoner draws around, though. No matter the nationality, MUFC is known.

I ride my MTB in my CFC jersies. Once in a long while someone recognizes the crest and comments. Once, I was descending a single track and came upon some climbers. RoW dictates I yield to the climbers so I slowed and went to the side, one foot down, but not stopping; just going slow and leaving room. Well the guy in front was a Brit and says, "As a Manchester United backer, I appreciate you giving me way." I was past him by the end of the sentence and was accelerating again. I really had no choice to yield, the bastard. Ha. Oh to have a time machine. I'd show him yield. lol

I'm excited to see the new CFC this season. It's a whole new set. Josie is like a God. They chanted about him even when he left the team.
Rumour is JM has has some "work" done to turn the frown upside down
Not quite the trout pout but a little Joan Rivers-esque tightening

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
I don't care who you are, that's funny...

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
Good opening w/e!
Felt normal watching BPL at 0445 on a Saturday.

And today left me wondering what Josies reighn will bring. So many kids...but F. Frank Lampard showed some stuff. Saweet 35yd freekick like the old days.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.