·
Registered
867 Posts
Do you own this Salticrack?

·
Registered
8,050 Posts
By that reference Kraley I would call myself an:

Agnostic, Negative, Broad, Friendly, Open, Active, Non-Religious Athiest.

It would have been simpler if I just kept doing what my mum told me when I first went to school.
"They will ask you what religion you are. Just say Church of England."

·
Registered
8,610 Posts
I don't actually want any label on me, I am what I am. I'll call myself an athiest to make it easier for others if I need to.
Neither us or them, just me.

·
Registered
5,433 Posts
hay salti,

just a comment on the word salti.

in the bible and interestingly in the koran, there is the story of lots wife (i think it was or was it jobe's wife)
anyway, they were told to leave the city of sodom (or was it gomarah) and not to look back.

anyway, lots wife did look back and she was turned into a pillar of salt (salti)

silly story, possibly it is.
at an interpretive level , the message is that in life

one should never look back.
that to be constantly going back over the past , to be worrying about yesterday and past injustices will leave one bitter. one will become pickled,
one will become "a pillar of salt"

look forward always salti, build that boat and live the dream.

namaste. i'll write you a fuller answer later.

·
Registered
867 Posts
I just googled world's biggest spoon. I think that you might be a bit of a stirrer Salti. ;-)

You know my stance from the religious fundamentalists thread. I am an atheist & don't believe in any supernatural beings. I honestly believe that religion perpetuates ignorance & divides people as a whole more than it unites.

That said, I think that as long as people aren't hurting anyone, they should be allowed to believe what they want to believe.

I could try & roll out some stats to say that less atheists go to gaol or some such but to be honest I think that it probably has more to do with the demographic that they are in, ie educated middle class.

Live & let live. If the religious don't preach at me, I won't feel compelled to logicise at them.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Do Atheists buy Christmas presents have Christmas Trees, Easter Eggs?

·
Registered
8,050 Posts
bildad said:
Yep. They are celebration days to us, about family and friends.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Ado said:
bildad said:
Yep. They are celebration days to us, about family and friends.
So Christians and Atheists alike celebrate Pagan Rituals, interesting.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I would class them more as a societal norm than a pagan ritual in Australian society.

·
Registered
8,050 Posts
kraley said:
You have obviously never been around the Pyrmont Bridge Hotel on xmas eve.
:lol: . That was my local haunt for many years. It's even mentioned in my book. It's a classic example of the rule that 'Only trouble stays out after 3am'.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Misread that one at first Occy....I read "Lost wife..."

I thought you sounded pretty casual about it. Oh well, found another one - won't let her go looking at Sodom. On the plus side, have plenty of salt for the new wife to cook with! :lol:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.