Kayak and Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well our local video shop is closing down, seems to be fewer and fewer as more get there movies online. My wife likes to watch lots of movies. We were subscribing to the local store for $40 a month for unlimited rentals of a maximum of 4 at a time. Worked fine.
So what's available for someone who likes to watch lots of movies, not interested in any other service (the kids hardly watch tv, nor do I).
Bandwidth speed isnt a problem (50-60mbs down load speed), bandwidth is and if I go with anything apart from Fletch TV I will have to factor in more bandwidth (locked in with optus).
Also has to be very very simple to use, wife cant even work out the multi function remote control.
Fletch tv (does anyone use Fletch) seems to be the easiest and cheapest, but really dont know, any advise would be welcome.
Thanks

·
Registered
8,610 Posts
Have a look at quickflix, they have a mail out and an online service.
If you go past a post box regularly the post out has the most titles.
I just subscribed to them to try it because the download it free with iinet.

·
Registered
4,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@mingle I think ptp is the real reason why the vid stores are shutting, cant be from legal downloads as they cost more than the vid shop.......dont know why.

Apple! eeeek expensive and not much content in oz, but probably the best out of a bad bunch. Fetch is worse but cheaper and wont eat into our bandwidth.

Let us know how quickflix goes Keza at least you can still watch the occasional blueray with out a big download.

We have one more vid shop still open not far way, might see them until the online market improves.....or just learn how to be a pirate like everyone else. argh!

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
We are hooked up to the Telstra T Box. Not sure how much to connect but several thousand movies to choose from. Cost per movie from $5.99 down to $1.00. We scored a package when my partner purchased a new phone. Can also tape tv as well....Happy viewing...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.