Kayak and Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Driving unregistered and uninsured were the least of an Adelaide man's problems when he was pulled over in the city's north-eastern suburbs on Monday.

It was 8.30am when the officers stopped his Holden sedan on Sudholz Road at Gilles Plains, believing him to be driving dangerously in the morning's peak-hour traffic.

The officers discovered not only were two tyres blown out but the steering wheel was missing, leaving the driver to control the vehicle with a pair of vice grips.

"Further investigations led police to believe the vehicle had just been involved in a hit-run crash in Northfield only minutes earlier," a police spokesman said.
Advertisement

The driver, a 38-year-old Northfield man, was allegedly driving while disqualified and returned a positive drug test to methyl amphetamine and cannabis.

He was arrested and charged with driving without due care, failing to stop at the scene of a crash, driving in a manner dangerous, driving while disqualified, unregistered, uninsured and contrary to defect and breaching his bail conditions.

He has appeared in court and was remanded in custody.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Being from Adelaide myself, I dont understand the problem. How do you easterners steer your vehicles? Ropes or something, like on a gocart?
Everybody drives stoned and/or pissed here! You would crap yourself driving on the road stone cold sober with all the other idiots on the road!

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
I left one outside my house unlocked with the key in it for 3 months in the hope someone would steal it so I didn't have to go to the registry and get a temp permit to drive it to the wreckers.

By the time someone tried to, the battery had gone flat and they got the shits and left without even taking the cd player.

·
Registered
5,464 Posts
koich said:
I left one outside my house unlocked with the key in it for 3 months in the hope someone would steal it so I didn't have to go to the registry and get a temp permit to drive it to the wreckers.

By the time someone tried to, the battery had gone flat and they got the shits and left without even taking the cd player.
Is that because they saw the CD you left in it?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.