Kayak and Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mike, the anchor trolley was an early part of my pimping the big bird and one I wouldn't be without. I use the trolley a LOT for both an anchor and as a method to deploy a drogue. I use different size drogues depending on conditions and have never had any issue with lines in the road, difficulty in deployment etc in any of the hull formats. When the akas are on I attach the anchor/drogue from behind the right aka as I always set up on the right when going polynesian. Its one of the things that I would not be without.

cheers

John

·
Banned
8,383 Posts
john316 said:
Mike, the anchor trolley was an early part of my pimping the big bird and one I wouldn't be without. I use the trolley a LOT for both an anchor and as a method to deploy a drogue. I use different size drogues depending on conditions and have never had any issue with lines in the road, difficulty in deployment etc in any of the hull formats. When the akas are on I attach the anchor/drogue from behind the right aka as I always set up on the right when going polynesian. Its one of the things that I would not be without.

cheers

John

Except my anchor trolley is on the left side, away from the mainsheet line.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Big bird with the anchor trolley... trying to find relevant photos was a bit iffy but these might do. This set up on the right has never interfered with the sheet line and I find it easy to use. Without the akas on I usually carry a stake out pole and the trolley line has got wedged in-between the pole and the hull a couple of times but that is no real drama.

PICT0013 (Small).JPG

DSCF0623 (Small).JPG

DSCF0620 (Small).JPG

DSCF0624 (Small).JPG

I am constantly using the trolley and have never had an issue with the sheet or the aka/amas.

cheers

John

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.