Kayak and Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can any body please tell me the outside diameter of the bar that is behind the seat of an adventure island....haven't picked mine up from the dealer as yet but am thinking about rod holders etc etc

any help would be greatly appretiated

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ha ha mingle i just sent you a pm on vyak lol...what im wondering is this....on the ram mount website i found an 1.5 inch u bolt with a 1.5 inch ram ball and i was kind of keen on using these in conjuntion with ram tube rod holders.if its less than 38mm wide they should fit...if not its back to the think tank

·
Banned
8,383 Posts
No vernier calipers, but a Railblaza fitting for 40 mm diameter fits (on a 2011 AI with the S/S pins connecting the Akas to the bar).

squidgyflicker said:
....on the ram mount website i found an 1.5 inch u bolt with a 1.5 inch ram ball and i was kind of keen on using these in conjuntion with ram tube rod holders.if its less than 38mm wide they should fit...if not its back to the think tank
That Ram ball also mounts on the 2011 AI bar.

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Can't help you with the 2013 dimensions sorry (I've got 2008 bars) but be wary of putting rods in holders too close into the middle of the bars as hour rods will be easily snagged on the main line.
The closest I would go to centre would be the existing moulded rod holders & use extenders with those. I will still get the main line try to flick a rod out now & then.
I use railblaza mounts on the aka bars as well.

Whatever you do. Leash your rods. If you're on the move you'll be 100m away before you even know what happend
RIP.stradic.

Hope this helps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.