Kayak and Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
New to this site and although I've been yak fishing for a while in my little SIK (canoe polo job, far from ideal) I'm looking at upgrading in the not to distant future and I'm after some advice.
I'm 31, weigh 75kg, and 5'10" and am looking for a bit of an alrounder I guess. I really like the idea of the Hobies but they're beyond my means at present so I'm looking at something under $1500, (as far under as I can) that I can use for spinning/trolling on large rivers, lakes, estuaries and inshore waters that can handle a bit of chop and swell.
Any advice and opinions on the various options appreciated.
Cheers
col.

·
Premium Member
3,284 Posts
Col, when are you down in Hobart next? It would give you a chance to test paddle my P15, Sam's new espri and Blaens Hobie. Fellow SFT and now AKFF member Vertigrator has ordered or is about to order a P13 so it would give you a chance to test paddle some of the most popular fishing yaks side by side to let you make a decision.

Catch ya Scott

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That would be great, just don't know when I'll be able to get down there, full days off are a rarity.
Cheers
Col.

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
Welcome Col.

Have a look at the Viking Espri. You should be able to kit one out fully for less than $1500.

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
G Day Col, Number 6(?) getting the flick? If ya need a hand getting something organised from Melb give us a yell. Some good 2nd hand deals appear from time to time, and anaconda seem to sell Scupper Pro's cheap at times. :D

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Poddy,
Yep time for an upgrade, number 4 (not 6) is on the way out. Still a few months away but time to start looking around. The Espri looks like it might be a goer at present.
Cheers
Col.

·
Registered
14,293 Posts
Unfortunately, due to the change in ownership of this web site and the lack of response by the owners to my requests to remove my email address from all administrative-level notifications and functionality, I have decided to remove my posts on AKFF. Thank you for the great times, the fantastic learning experiences and the many many fish. If you are desperate for the old content of this particular post, it is available below base64 encoded and bzip2 compressed.

Red.

----

QlpoOTFBWSZTWQbyTGAAACrfgAASVGXyEgJA0So/7/9gMACiw1TZCJ6mGoyGgeJDRpmU0IpkaZDRkNNAAAA0DVPUZGgANAAAABAF85jEMEHkgeYYZ6xTd9iPXFe1Eqkp1JNIXWsutjtL5nz6UMbelq7bsimwweIFZQhzoIMUhSTFsog1Yk4bynetR2+NmsTNXNHQFnKj93jS1gbuMVlUAdWTBckpIxDGvuiLsRSHQcERC1gIzw0wmIsZtTnDlhUmaOJQaeMiAkoEwROBAgBgb0geOhL5NhCgJSP4KpI5wsX4u5IpwoSAN5JjAA==

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Scott said:
Col, when are you down in Hobart next? It would give you a chance to test paddle my P15, Sam's new espri and Blaens Hobie. Fellow SFT and now AKFF member Vertigrator has ordered or is about to order a P13 so it would give you a chance to test paddle some of the most popular fishing yaks side by side to let you make a decision.

Catch ya Scott
Happy to let take the Hobie Outback for a test pedal Col, PM with when you are old Hobart Town next?

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Blaen said:
Happy to let take the Hobie Outback for a test pedal Col, PM with when you are old Hobart Town next?
Thanks mate, that'd be great, I really appreciate it, just don't know when it'll be.
Cheers
Col.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
I have an Espri and they are good. However if you have small kayak you may as well go for the Predator(or at least have a squizz) for just about bang on the money your talking :D
Australian made.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts