Kayak and Fishing Forum banner

Adventure Review

5K views 23 replies 17 participants last post by  hairymick 
#1 ·
Congratulations Michael. Enjoy it.

#2 ·
A good summary Gatesy, and you are obviously tickled pink with the boat.

Of course she's not a true fishing Hobie until you get the Dunlop thongs according to the southern peddler :wink: sure the Hawaiian double lugger would be as good also mate

#3 ·
Unfortunately, due to the change in ownership of this web site and the lack of response by the owners to my requests to remove my email address from all administrative-level notifications and functionality, I have decided to remove my posts on AKFF. Thank you for the great times, the fantastic learning experiences and the many many fish. If you are desperate for the old content of this particular post, it is available below base64 encoded and bzip2 compressed.

Red.

----

QlpoOTFBWSZTWUyT+lQAACRfgAASQafNEoiAFAov79+gMAC62xU9Go2qeo8p6R+ponlDTaRhpBqhppoNNPU0AAADINVPTwRGoyaaaYjQwho9RwCPIYS+bI6jHey165YsE1i/whx2CtE3i/OwSqjMap5rJ8/EvPp1W9DcqFcYwUvFMSstFAmE2tlukATSIuoETr95+1gzQRzNEOciQsDAomPsS9YzEgpThIKpMqK0DmwqhCatvybkCpg4spwVpFSAdl88Otygjk5aRcCXijh529uWqyW2wWCD28H3P8ZVMkEJipVeJIZ/F3JFOFCQTJP6VA==

#5 ·
Hi Gatesy
Great review. Shame you had to get rid of the P13. Everytime I go out in my P15 I get more attached to it, and love its versatility and stability. The Adventure, though, looks awesome. I would consider it but for the fact I chose kayak fishing from a fitness point of view and to develop my upper body. God knows I get enough exercise walking around a great big 747-400 jet!!
Enjoy it
Cheers

Simon
Prowler 15

#7 ·
Nice Review Gatesy - and a beautiful looking boat. :p
Congrats on the new Hobie - I couldn't agree more :D Mine should be in this weekend :twisted: What are you using for rod leashes at this stage :?: I'll be reverting to dog leads till I come up with a more permanent arrangement. (the swing ones don't work without modification so I think I'll sell them with the swing) Also were are you thinking for the fishfinder :?: It's great to be planning a fit-out again (I got Paul to leave the scotty holder off so I can place it just right were I want it :wink: )
See you on the water
Phil

#8 ·
Good read Gatesy. Mate you are as amazed as I was and as delighted as I remain with my boat. The whole Hobie thing is just so well thought out and the peddles just open up so many different options that it kind of makes you feel like a kid in a candy shop.

Look forward to seeing her when we go for a fish up north this weekend.

JT

#10 ·
Awwwww,

The more I hear about these Hobies, I think I want one, but I'm not sure...I'm so confused :?
One minute I want a swing, then I want a predator. I guess I should discuss a kayak stable with SWMBOAAT, for relevant consent. :twisted:

Cheers all Andybear :lol:

#13 ·
Great effort with the keyboard Gatesy, and congrats on the new yak. The thing about the Mirage system that perks my interest is added ability to work and liven up a trolled lure while on the go (from memory Jake posted about this). Apart from the lift around ability, are there any other areas where the P13 comes out on top over the Hobie? :?:

#14 ·
good on ya mate...glad that your'e happy with it..

mate with all that peddling (bike and yak) you'll soon have tree trunks for legs. And as your job doesn't require a lot of heavy lifting next time I see you I'll be looking out for the guy with the massive legs and twig like arms!

any names yet?

#15 ·
andybear said:
The more I hear about these Hobies, I think I want one, but I'm not sure...I'm so confused :?
One minute I want a swing, then I want a predator.
Once upon a time the decisions were be a rag and stick man [sail] or a stinkboat man.

Now its peddle or paddle :wink:

I'll be happy as a paddler :D

#16 ·
Michelinka sounds like a dodgey suburb to my ears.... :shock:
Re the tankwell, do ya rekon manufacturers will start coming up with the accessories like crates that are purpose built and have a ready made fastening system. Insulated fish storage, anchor systems, lighting should all really be part of an extra's accessory package for mine...although it may put the DIY thread out of business. Apologies to the guys who also make this their business. Good note on the length too Gatesy, always good to see what guys reckon their yak gives up in order to achieve another porpoise (some cold trout days I hate picking the ice off my crack after a Swing outting...other choppy and tossed about days I praise the fella who came up with it's low swung seat position and gravity center) :D

#17 ·
Gatesy said:
the tommy radonakis" ........ What is more australian then a binge drinking, chain smoking, deep voiced aussie that looks like he has been hit with the back of an axe :?:
'Radonakis' has a ring about it mate, and to me is an indication of a never giving up type of character [a characteristic also needed in fishing], its one I liked when you wrote it in an earlier post.

My few boats were all 'Tenacity' because it was a fishing requirement :wink:

#19 ·
Gatesy said:
Had thought about "michelinka" (nice way of saying michelin man in czech) but it sounds like i am building some temple to the AEEGF as it is too close to her name and mine too for that matter :roll: .

Had thought about "the matron" because the first fish was a seargent bakers. At school we had the seargent major (close enough of a connection for me) and then matron and they were both scary.

Also though about "the tommy radonakis" as a piss take on all the ferries that have names of ex sporting stars (some are a bit questionable in my eyes). What is more australian then a binge drinking, chain smoking, deep voiced aussie that looks like he has been hit with the back of an axe :?: (hence my question aboutboat names having to be female)./

davey g do u have any suggestions
what about "Achilles" - seems apt after your first peddle in her resulted in your ankle injury!

naming of the boat is a personal thing and I'm sure you'll come up with a beauty soon.

#23 ·
Gatesy

Great review. Achilles Heel is a fine looking yak.
Gatesy said:
I installed 2 scotty rod holders at the front of my adventure today.
I'd be interested to see the location of your rod holders. Did you go the flush mounted option? I'm having a little dilemma as where to position mine on my (yet to be named) Outback. The extension poles look like they may be a nice idea. Looking forward to you adding to this review.

#24 ·
Heya Gatesey,

beautiful boat mate. Geez I like the lines of those adventures.

Bloody Hobies, beautiful sleek, efficient mutter mutter, clean lines mumble mumble, probably relolutionise yak fishin grumble mutter mutter want one grumble grumble

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.