Kayak and Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Decided to go for a paddle this arvo even though it was breezy from the north which makes for chaotic water where I fish. Got to Emu Bay, took one look at the lowering clouds, the showers here and there, the iron grey water churning about full of weed and nearly chickened out. But i called myself a sook and dragged the 550 to the water and braved the elements in my new drysuit ( BRILLIANT!)
Well, it was one of my best sessions in ages.I paddled ( waddled) around to the reef, acouple of k's to the west, picking up three nice snook on the way, planning on circumnavigating the reef till I saw the mountainous swell breaking over it. Picked up a nice trevally on the lure as I turned for home, then managed to bag out on salmon ( one to one and a half kilos) on the way back to the boatramp. Disaster... battery flat in the camera! Who can I borrow a camera off... found someone in the carpark who didnt run away screaming as the bright orange michelin man came waddling towards her, and borrowed hers.
She doesn't have a computer so the photos will be coming by snail mail!
Hope I am getting a few of you people out there interested in visiting Kangaroo Island!
shep

·
Registered
867 Posts
Sounds excellent islandboy. There is supposed to be some good food come out of Kangaroo Island too. Sounds like a great place to visit.

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
Exciting paddling in those conditions Shep ! I'm looking forward to exploring that area with you. So much to variety and so many good spots to explore ! I'm waiting for a KI caught mulloway. And we need to see a picture of your new sail.

·
Banned
8,383 Posts
Eagerly awaiting the next instalment Shep.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.